NEW YORK--()--Brean Capital, LLC today announced the expansion of its equity sales, trading and research capabilities with the hiring of 11 new senior professionals. Chuck Padala joins as Managing Director and Head of Equity Research, Sales and Trading.
“These additions to our sales and trading team bring more than 140 years of combined experience to round out the core of our institutional equities coverage”
“Since recapitalizing the firm in 2012, we have made substantial investments to expand our product capabilities and the breadth of our client coverage in both equities and fixed income,” said Robert M. Fine, CEO of Brean Capital. “The addition of Chuck Padala and these accomplished individuals significantly enhances our capabilities in our traditional equity business.”
“These additions to our sales and trading team bring more than 140 years of combined experience to round out the core of our institutional equities coverage,” said Chuck Padala, Head of Equity Research, Sales and Trading. “In addition, our new analysts bring significant breadth and depth of knowledge across most major subsectors of their respective industry, coupled with strong institutional client relationships that are highly complementary to our existing coverage universe.”
Sales and Trading Hires
Brean Capital is pleased to announce multiple key hires to its equity sales and trading platform. This effort is a continued focus to elevate both the visibility and value proposition of Brean Capital’s equity platform.
- Chuck Padala joins Brean Capital as Managing Director and Head of Equity Research, Sales and Trading. Chuck is an industry veteran with 25 years of trading and Sales experience at SunTrust, and more recently at MKM Partners. Chuck is a past President of STANY and was just re-elected to a 2nd term as Governor of the Security Traders Association.
- Roberto Friedlander joins Brean Capital as Head of Equity Trading. Roberto previously spent 5 years as a Senior Energy trader at Lazard Capital Markets, and 7 years as a senior trader on Cowen’s trading desk. Roberto began his career in the risk arb department at Dillon, Read & Co. and brings a total of 19 years sales and trading experience.
- Stephen Murphy joins Brean Capital as the senior sales trader covering the Boston area. Prior, Stephen headed the Boston offices for UBS, Nomura and Weeden. Stephen began his career in 1986 trading the Fidelity Magellan Fund for Peter Lynch, Morris Smith and Jeff Vinik.
- Sadler Ramsdell joins Brean Capital as a senior sales trader covering the Mid-Atlantic region as well as institutional clients in New York, Florida, and Texas. Sadler has spent the prior 26 years at Credit Suisse.
- Tom Rorke joins Brean Capital as a senior sales person responsible for the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern client base. Tom Joined Brean after 14 years in Institutional Sales at Credit Suisse as Head of their Middle Markets group. Prior to Credit Suisse, Tom spent 4 years at Wertheim in Institutional Sales and Trading.
- John Ratkoski joins Brean Capital as a Senior Vice President and senior sales trader. John is an industry veteran with 25 years of sales and trading experience at Cowen & Co., Lazard Capital Markets, Rochdale Securities and Neuberger & Berman.
Brean Capital also welcomes five new analysts to our Equity Research Platform. The additions deepen our Consumer, Technology and Healthcare verticals and we remain committed to building a premier equity research platform. All five analysts will work out of Brean’s New York office.
- Mike Burton joins the firm’s Technology Group as a Senior Analyst covering Semiconductors. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Burton was a Senior Analyst at Kaufman Bros. L.P. and ThinkEquity covering Semiconductors. Mr. Burton held also positions at Morgan Stanley and JP Morgan/Hambrecht & Quist in the Wealth Advisory and Private Banking Groups. Mr. Burton received his BS in Business Administration and Accounting from Washington & Lee University and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Jeff Connolly joins Brean Capital covering Oil & Gas Exploration and Production. Jeff began his career in equity research as an analyst for the Value Line Investment Survey covering industrials, diversified machinery, and autos. Following Value Line, Mr. Connolly joined Sidoti & Company, as an analyst covering the oil and gas industry. Mr. Connolly graduated from The College of the Holy Cross with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Asian Studies. He is participating in the Chartered Financial Analyst Program and has passed the Level III exam.
- Gene Mack joins the firm’s Healthcare Group as a Senior Analyst covering Biotechnology. Mr. Mack has over 12 years of experience covering the sector at Lazard Capital Markets, HSBC Securities and Gruntal & Co. Prior to joining the sell-side, Mr. Mack completed consecutive research fellowships in biochemistry at Cornell University Medical College and clinical neurology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. Mr. Mack received his BS in Biology and MBA in Finance from Fordham University.
- Justin Sebastiano joins the firm’s Consumer Group as a Senior Analyst covering Gaming. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Sebastiano covered Gaming at Collins Stewart/Canaccord Financial and Morgan Joseph TriArtisan (MJTA). Mr. Sebastiano has also held investment research positions at Nollenberger Capital Partners, Wells Fargo Securities and Value Line, Inc. Mr. Sebastiano received his M.B.A. in Finance from the Rutgers Graduate School of Business and his B.A. in Mathematics and Economics from Rutgers University.
- Jason Wittes joins the firm’s Healthcare Group as a Senior Analyst covering the Medical Technology and Supply industry. Mr. Wittes has over 15 years of experience covering the sector as a Senior Analyst at Morgan Stanley, Leerink & Swann and Caris. Mr. Wittes has been ranked by both Institutional Investor and Greenwich Associates. Mr. Wittes earned an M.B.A. from New York University’s Stern School of Business and a B.S. in Chemistry from Carnegie Mellon University.
Additionally, Todd Mitchell was promoted to Director of Research, a role he assumes in addition to his role as a Senior Analyst covering Digital Media.
About Brean Capital, LLC.
Brean Capital is an independent investment bank and asset management firm. We focus on delivering high-quality investment ideas and investment banking services to institutional investors and corporate clients. Our services include equity research, corporate finance and advisory investment banking, equity institutional sales and trading, and asset management. Our fixed income business provides sales, trading, research and banking services on a wide range of mortgage and asset-backed, US Treasury and government agency securities, structured products and corporate bonds.