DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5lv32k/how_to_build) has announced the addition of Javelin Strategy & Research's new report "How To Build Better Online And Mobile Bill-Pay For The Underbanked" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“How To Build Better Online And Mobile Bill-Pay For The Underbanked”
When it comes to paying bills, too often the nation's 37 million underbanked Americans do it using hard and costly ways: in cash, and in person, by mail, or by phoning call centers. This creates an opportunity for financial institutions, billers, mobile carriers, and bill-pay innovators to cut processing costs if they can enhance online and mobile options with electronic payments for this underserved segment. Financial institutions should take note, however, that innovative and compelling offerings from non-traditional banks, non-FIs, and prepaid-card issuers demonstrate that the term underbanked incorrectly implies that banks must provide the answer.
This report includes a four-part profile of underbanked Americans, an analysis of how they typically pay seven of the most common bills, and recommendations for motivating them to increase the use of online and mobile bill payments.
- How many Americans are underbanked, and what is their general profile?
- What payment methods - cash, checks, prepaid, etc. - do the underbanked use most to pay bills?
- What payment channels - in person, over the phone, with digital payments, etc. - do the underbanked use most to pay bills?
- Are the underbanked willing or able to pay bills online or on mobile devices?
- What technological investments and marketing messages will be most likely to boost the use of online and mobile payments among the underbanked?
- American Express
- Green Dot
- U.S. Bank
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5lv32k/how_to_build
Source: Javelin Strategy & Research