DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vrv2pl/big_multinational) has announced the addition of the "Big Multinational Pharma in China" report to their offering.
After enjoying 2 decades of fast growth and expansion, big multinational pharma has started to rethink and reformulate strategies for China.
While losing a large chunk of revenue due to the patent cliff and while cutting research and sales headcounts at home and in other mature markets, big multinational pharmaceutical companies are looking for growth drivers elsewhere around the globe, particularly in emerging markets such as the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa).
- This module presents an overview of big multinational pharma companies' history, operations, and key deals made in China.
- This module also shows big pharmaceutical companies' product portfolios and clinical development in China.
- Robust economic growth, an aging population, changing dietary habits, and improvement of the healthcare infrastructure have made China one of the largest pharmaceutical markets, experiencing double-digit growth during the last decade.
A unique product lifecycle, low operating costs, an improving intellectual property environment, and the introduction of an expedited approval process (for certain types of drugs) have also led to many foreign companies opening R&D centers in China and including the country in their global multicenter clinical trials.
Key Questions Examined
- What is the nature of big pharmaceutical companies' presence in China?
- How have the companies built up to their present standing?
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- Johnson & Johnson
- Merck & Co.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vrv2pl/big_multinational