NUREMBERG, Germany--(Enpirion, the leader of integrated power IC solutions, was today awarded the embedded award 2013 for outstanding technical innovations in embedded technologies.)--embedded world, hall 4, booth 429 -
“We thank the independent expert jury for the recognition of the EL711 DC-DC converter and the Wafer Level Magnetics technology developed with a view to achieving monolithic Power System-on-Chips”
Enpirion developed a new magnetic alloy, which enables the miniaturization of passive magnetic components and their assimilation with integrated circuits at wafer level. So-called wafer level magnetics (WLM) will take magnetic components from their 3-dimensional discrete shape to a planar 2-dimensional thin-film form that can be deposited with standard wafer processes on top of CMOS wafers. Enpirion’s WLM technology is fully qualified for full-scale mass production and enables the industry’s first ever Power System-on-Chip (PowerSoC) based on electroplated wafer level magnetics, the EL711.
The EL711, recognized with the embedded award 2013, delivers lowest cost, low power point-of-load DC-DC conversion at a record-breaking 18 MHz switching frequency. Compared to an LDO, the EL711 improve power conversion efficiency up to 40 points, with efficiency of up to 90 percent. A true PowerSoC, the EL711 monolithically integrates MOSFET switches, controller circuits, compensation, and a tiny silicon inductor. With an ultra-fast transient response, the EL711 meets the demand of high performance digital ASICs, DSPs, and FPGA cores found in a broad range of applications.
“We thank the independent expert jury for the recognition of the EL711 DC-DC converter and the Wafer Level Magnetics technology developed with a view to achieving monolithic Power System-on-Chips”, says Mark Cieri, Vice President of Sales and Corporate Marketing at Enpirion. “Enpirion’s products are leading the discrete-to-integrated transition in the multi-billion dollar power IC market and we are proud to be recognized by this prestigious award!”
At embedded world 2013, Enpirion presents an exclusive selection of PowerSoC board designs – from premier designers and manufacturers of embedded, industrial, enterprise, telecom and storage solutions including:
- A mini-size COM Express™ module with Intel Atom Processor and a 6U compact PCI Intel Core™ i7 universal blade from Adlink Technology.
- An RTM-5000 SAS board and 40G module for networking and telecom applications from Advantech.
- Avant Technology’s PCI Express solid state drive (SSD) designed for power users and multimedia designers; 2 Terabyte SSD, the world’s first 2TB Enterprise Hyper Drive merging the capacity of an HDD with the performance of an SSD to create the ultimate 2.5” drive; Atlas 480GB mSATA SSD, which surprises by fitting so much storage into the tiny mSATA format, and Chronos 960GB, one of the industry’s largest SSDs.
- A PP91x 6u Compact PCI board - 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor single/dual PMC/XMC carrier for industrial control, telecommunications, telemetry, science and aerospace from Concurrent Technologies
- An AVR-4300 series board for audio/video receiver and amplifier from Denon
- The H6059 Qseven 70x70 mm module with AMD embedded G-series APU processor for powerful graphics and general computing used in ultra-mobile embedded PC products from Hectronic.
- An IVY bridge-based Bull Island small form factor, pluggable single board computer module architecture and a mini-ITX development board with 1-N450 Intel Atom™ CPU embedded starter kit from Intel®
- The VX 6060 Single Board Computer VPX Dual Intel® Core™ i7 Computing Node for rugged embedded applications from Kontron
- A Dual Radio Access Point with high speed 802.11n WLAN from Lancom Systems
- The Z-Drive R4 Enterprise PCI Express SSD with 3.2 terabytes from OCZ Technology Group
- A Star PCB with integrated LED driver for commercial and industrial applications from Stiled
- SinaCAM 2D/3D camera, ARRI Video Assist from Solectrix
- F-200 CFast™ solid state drive and X-500 solid state drive for embedded and industrial markets from Swissbit
- EITX-3002 slim-line board, which offers a full featured I/O specification in a unique dual coastline configuration from Via. Designed for a wide range of embedded applications, devices based on the EITX-3002 can be used to create thinner designs with a low profile system less than 36mm high.
“We thank our customers for their support in making this impressive showcase possible”, says Mark Cieri, Vice President of Sales and Corporate Marketing at Enpirion. “The selection of designs shows clearly that hardware designers value Enpirion’s ability to deliver integrated Power ICs in a significantly smaller footprint and a much easier and faster design: Power. No compromises. ”
Enpirion is the leader of integrated power IC solutions driving the miniaturization of DC-DC power systems. Enpirion’s products are leading the discrete-to-integrated transition in the multi-billion dollar power IC market. Its integrated power IC solutions simplify design complexity while addressing the space constraints and efficiency needs faced by designers of enterprise, telecom, storage, industrial and embedded applications. In engineering complete power-systems-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), Enpirion is the only semiconductor company that owns all key enabling analog power technologies: high-frequency MOSFET, magnetics and packaging. Enpirion’s extensive portfolio of DC-DC converter PowerSoCs with integrated inductors enable the industry’s smallest solution footprints and are recognized for their high efficiency, low noise, exceptional thermal performance, high reliability and ease of use. Unlike discrete power products, Enpirion’s turnkey solutions give designers complete power systems that are fully simulated, characterized, validated and production qualified. www.enpirion.com.
For more information, please visit Enpirion at embedded world 2013, hall 4 booth 429.