DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w7xgcd/global_online) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Global Online Video Platforms Market" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
2012 OVP Market Rapidly Diversifying with Vendors Building Strong Market Niches
Frost & Sullivan defines an online video platform (OVP) as a fee-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) video solution that enables video content owners ingest, transcode, store, manage, protect, publish, syndicate, track and monetize online video. OVPs provide a one-stop shop for video conversion to any online video format and deliver those video files across multiple platforms and devices, assuring quality user experiences, and enable integrated advertising, visitor analytics and other key metrics.
This analysis does not include what is commonly called enterprise video or internal corporate communications, created for and targeted to a company's employees, stockholders, and partners.
- Frost & Sullivan defines an online video platform (OVP) as a fee-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) video solution that helps video content owners ingest, transcode, store, manage, protect, publish, syndicate, track and monetize online video. This study focuses on external video platforms for use outside-the-firewall.
- Market demand for OVP services is driven by a lack of universal video standards, confusing video protocols, formats and players and a desire for a simple, straightforward solution for delivering video to multiple devices. OVPs enable publishers to implement web-based video distribution quickly without having to commit significant CAPEX to an elaborate video workflow.
- The OVP market is led by six vendors Brightcove, thePlatform, Ooyala, Kaltura, KIT digital, and Limelight Networks. Each of these vendors and many others have been pursuing unique product functionality and value, particularly in the last two years.
Key Topics Covered
Total Online Video Platforms Market
- Market Engineering Measurements
- External Challenges: Drivers and Restraints
- Market Trends and Implications
- Forecasts and Trends
- Market Share and Competitive Analysis
The Last Word (Conclusions and Implications)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w7xgcd/global_online
Source: Frost & Sullivan