DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ck3dxp/australia) has announced the addition of the "Australia - Digital Economy - E-Health - Initiatives, Pilots and Projects" report to their offering.
E-health where key killer applications utilise truly high-speed broadband networks are starting to emerge. The Australian Government is a leader in strategic trans-sector thinking, is linking e-health developments to the National Broadband Network.
Pilot programs commenced in 2011 with the rollout of the National Broadband Network. In 2011 nine further implementation sites funded by over $55 million enable patients to sign up for a personally controlled electronic health records (PCEHR). And from July 2012 all Australians will be able to participate in shared e-health records. A single sign-on will allow several government sites to be accessed, tightening security and alleviating multiple accesses by clients. Unfortunately mobile access to the PCEHR records will not be on the agenda due to security concerns about mobile operating systems.
Hot topics mentions in this report include:
- Secure delivery
- Remote Diagnosis
- Remote video monitoring.
Key Topics Covered:
2. E-health in the context of BuddeComm research
3. e-health projects and the NBN
4. Other e-health projects and initiatives
5. Digital Regions Initiative
6. R&D projects and initiatives
7. Private initiatives
8. Telstra's e-health initiatives
9. E-health (separate report - Overview Stats and Analysis)
10. E-health (separate report on global developments)
- Orion Health
- Neuroscience Research Australia
- Mater Misericordiae
- GP Partners Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ck3dxp/australia