|Net turnover||4 276||4 230||4 630||17 852||18 656|
|Operating profit excl. items affecting comp.*||271||394||410||1 713||1 980|
|Operating profit||78||394||4 003||1 520||5 573|
|Profit after tax||902||249||2 939||1 853||3 955|
|Earnings per share, SEK||10.7||3.0||35.0||22.1||47.1|
|Return on equity, %||17.7||5.0||64.0||9.3||23.1|
* Items affecting comparability in Q4 2012 refers to an impairment loss and restructuring costs in Holmen Paper (-193 million) and Q4 2011 revaluation of forest (+3 593 million).
· Profit after tax for 2012 was SEK 1 853 (2011: 3 955) million. The profit includes an impairment loss and restructuring costs of SEK -193 million and SEK +911 million in non-recurring tax effects. Profit after tax for the previous year includes SEK +2 648 million from the revaluation of forest.
· Earnings per share amounted to SEK 22.1 (47.1). Return on equity was 9.3 (23.1) per cent.
· The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 9 (8) per share.
· Operating profit excluding items affecting comparability totalled SEK 1 713 (1 980) million. The contribution from currency hedges fell, while the change in the value of forests rose.
· Operating profit for the fourth quarter decreased by SEK 123 million to SEK 271 million, excluding items affecting comparability. Costs showed a seasonal increase and exchange rates had a negative effect on profit.
· The market situation for paperboard was stable during the quarter, while demand for printing paper and sawn timber was weak.
In its capacity as issuer, Holmen AB is releasing the information in this year-end report for 2012 in accordance with Chapter 17 of the Swedish Securities Market Act (2007:528). The information was distributed to the media for publication at 12.30 CET on Thursday February 7, 2013.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com