DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3njstv/life_insurance_in) has announced the addition of the "Life Insurance in Ireland, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Irish life insurance segment is amongst the top 15 in Europe in terms of gross written premiums. The segment holds the largest share of the country's insurance industry, accounting for 58.9% of the total gross written premiums in 2012. The Irish life insurance segment is highly concentrated with the five leading players accounting for 85% of the total gross premiums in 2011.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance market in Ireland:
- It provides historical values for the Irish life insurance market for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2013-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Irish life insurance market, along with market forecasts until 2017
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Ireland
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Ireland and outlines the key regulations affecting them
- Factors such as the country's aging population, reforms in pension law and insurer efforts to minimize cost and enhance efficiency in terms of writing new business and product innovations are expected to drive growth in the Irish life insurance segment over the forecast period
- The Irish government, through Budget 2013, continues to provide tax relief for pension contributions at the marginal rate of income tax, which is currently at 41%. This will provide an incentive for the middle income group to save for retirement
- The Irish life insurance segment is highly concentrated, with the country's five leading insurers accounting for a collective market share of 85.2%
- The Irish life insurance segment was the 14th largest in Europe and accounted for 1.4% of the total European life gross written premiums
New Ireland Assurance Company
Zurich Life Assurance plc
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3njstv/life_insurance_in