DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pbvv5k/bp_and_rosneft) has announced the addition of the "BP and Rosneft: The Sale of TNK-BP" report to their offering.
BP has been actively involved in the Russian energy market via its joint venture TNK-BP since 2003. The company sold its 50% stake to Rosneft in exchange for $17.1bn and 12.84% equity in the buyer. Additionally, BP plans to use the cash to buy a further 5.7% in Rosneft, bringing BP's stake to 19.75%. Rosneft has also bid for the Alfa-Access-Renova consortium's stake in TNK-BP, offering $28bn.
Features and benefits
- MarketLine Case Studies describe topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions.
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, they explain the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends.
TNK-BP was created in 2003, when BP and AAR merged their oil assets in Russia and Ukraine, with a 50% share each. The initial investment cost BP approximately $8bn. Since then, TNK-BP has paid out $19bn in dividends, worth approximately $2bn a year to BP. Furthermore, TNK provided 27% of BP's reserves and 29% of BP's production in 2011.
The Russian oil and gas market accounted for 25.6% of the European market's value in 2011, worth $208.9bn.
Your key questions answered
- Why has BP agreed to sell TNK-BP?
- What will BP and Rosneft gain from the acquisition?
- What are the risks of the acquisition?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pbvv5k/bp_and_rosneft