DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gj7t3t/global_mining) has announced the addition of iCD Research's new report "Global Mining Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Mining Industry" to their offering.
This new report analyzes how global mining industry companies' procurement expenditure, business strategies, and practices are set to change in 2013-2014. The report provides data and analysis on category-level spending outlooks, budgets, supplier selection criteria, business challenges, and investment opportunities of leading purchase decision makers in the global mining industry. The report also identifies future growth of buyers and suppliers, MandA, and e-procurement in the global mining industry.
This report not only grants access to the opinions and strategies of business decision makers and competitors in the global mining industry, but also examines their actions surrounding business priorities. The report also provides access to information categorized by region, company type, and sizes.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Executives from the global mining industry anticipate an increase in levels of consolidation, with 54% of respondents projecting an increase in merger and acquisition (MandA) activities in 2013.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
Revenue and margin pressures created by rising cost of raw materials, and resources and fluctuations in the commodity markets, have prompted companies to consolidate positions and look for MandA to stabilize operations.
Key Market Issues
- China is identified to be the important region for growth among emerging markets, along with India, Brazil, and South Africa. Expansion of mining activities, increase in demand for metals, together with strong economic growth, are considered the important reasons by respondents for selecting these regions.
- 'Market uncertainty', 'falling demand', 'responding to pricing pressure', and 'retention or recruitment of skilled staff are identified by respondents as the pressing business concerns in the global mining industry. Among buyers, 50% of respondents rate 'market uncertainty' as the important business concern in 2013, while 42% highlight 'falling demand'. Among suppliers, 'market uncertainty' and 'responding to pricing pressure' are considered the significant business challenges in 2013, according to 57% and 36% of respondents respectively.
- The average size of the global annual procurement budget among mining industry buyers is forecast at US$78 million for 2013. A comparison of global procurement budgets by operating region shows that global mining industry buyers with leading operations in North America have the highest average procurement budgets in 2013, at US$156 million.
- 'Financial strength and stability', 'existing relationship with supplier', 'delivery lead times', and 'price' are considered the most important factors for supplier selection in the global mining industry, while 'proximity of supplier operations', 'environmental records and CSR', and 'brand reputation' are considered the least important.
- Weakness in financial markets, less favorable polices in advanced economies, coupled with inability to sustain the high pace of growth by developing economies, have contributed to lower optimism levels.
Companies mentioned in the report include:
- De Beers
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation
- African Barrick Gold
- Mongolyn Alt (MAK)
- Anglo American
- Cliffs Natural Resources
- International Mining and Infrastructure Corporation (IMIC)
- China Steel Corporation (CSC)
- Sumitomo Metal Mining Co
- Capstone Mining Corp.
- AngloGold Ashanti
- BT Group
- Soil Machine Dynamics (SMD)
- Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc.
- LandL Energy
- Atlas Copco
- Hindustan Zinc.
- Reliance Power
- Tata Power
- Bridon International
- PandH Joy Mining Equipment
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold Inc.
- Plains Exploration and Production Co.
- McMoRan Exploration Co.
- Attila Resources Limited
- Ridgemont Iron Ore Corp
- Stillwater Mining Company
- Xstrata Coal
- JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corp
- Global Pumps
- MSPL Limited
- Kazakhmys PLC
- Namibia Custom Smelters (NCS)
- Vizag steel
- JSW Steel
- Essar Steel
- BHP Billiton
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/gj7t3t/global_mining
Source: iCD Research