NEW YORK & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With registration fast approaching a standing-room only audience response as it did in January 2012, the TabbFORUM conference, “Fixed Income 2013: Liquidity, Products, Platforms,” being held January 30 in midtown Manhattan at The TimesCenter on 41st Street, features CFTC Commissioner Scott O’Malia as the keynote speaker and Bruce Richards, co-founder and CEO, Marathon Asset Management, in a rare public interview.
“Faced with new products, liquidity providers, business models and platforms, the fixed-income universe is changing as banks are de-leveraging and the buy side exercises more control in how they source liquidity,” says Will Rhode, a TABB Group principal and director of fixed income research, instrumental in developing the conference.
According to Jennifer Iannucci, TABB’s head of marketing and events, 17 panelists and moderators will speak directly and openly to changes effecting the fixed-income cash and derivative markets as the industry continues to adjust and innovate in response to regulation and a long-term, low-interest rate environment under quantitative easing.
The program includes:
Panel 1, Liquidity in Derivatives: Why SEFs are different from other markets and how technology will help attract liquidity. Panelists:
- Robert P. Burke, Managing Director, Head of Global OTC Clearing, Bank
of America Merrill Lynch
- Ron Levi, Chief Operating Officer, GFI Group
- Joe Stewart, Managing Director, Head of Cross Asset & Hedge Fund Sales, Americas, UBS Investment Group
- George Harrington, CFA, Global Head of Fixed Income, Bloomberg
- Mike O’Brien, CFA, Vice President, Director of Global Trading, Eaton Vance
Moderator, Adam Sussman, Partner, Director of Research, TABB Group
One-to-One Conversation with Bruce Richards
Bruce Richards, Co-founder, CEO, Marathon Asset Management interviewed by Lee Olesky, CEO, Tradeweb
Panel 2, Liquidity in Cash: Basel III/QE is forcing banks out of the principal business. How will buy-side firms source liquidity in the secondary markets when the primary party ends, and how will they manage risk when interest rate volatility returns? Panelists:
- Jack Hattem, Managing Director, Senior Portfolio Manager, BlackRock
- Dwayne Middleton, CFA, Executive Director, Head of US Fixed Income Trading, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Rick McVey, CEO, MarketAxess
- Robert G. Smith III, President & Chief Investment Officer, Sage Advisory Services Ltd.
- Dan White, Founder, Chairman & Chief Architect, InterDealer Information Systems
Moderator, Will Rhode, Principal, Director of Fixed Income, TABB Group
Panel 3, Product Innovation: The futurization of swaps, the prospect for fixed income ETFs as an alternative to CDSs and other innovative trends likely to arise as a result of evolving regulation. Panelists:
- Peter Barsoom, COO, ICE
- Isaac Chang, Global Head of Fixed Income, GETCO
- Nathan Ondyak, US Head of Product, SwapClear, LCH.Clearnet
- Sam Priyadarshi, Head, Fixed Income Derivatives, Vanguard
- Sean Tully, Managing Director - Interest Rate Products, CME Group
Moderator, Henry Chien, Research Analyst, TABB Group
Keynote Address: Scott O’Malia, CFTC Commissioner
Registration is 12:00pm to 1:00pm. The program begins at 1:00pm and concludes at 5:30pm, followed by a cocktail reception.
To attend, register online at http://fixedincome2013.eventbrite.com/#. Buy-side traders are admitted free; for others, there is a $395 cost plus ticketing fee that can be charged to AMEX, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Pre-qualified media attendance is strictly by-invitation-only; coverage will be under Chatham House rules, except for Commissioner O’Malia.
Conference sponsors include: lead sponsor Tradeweb; Bank of America Merrill Lynch, InterDealer Information System, Bloomberg, SwapClear, LCH.Clearnet, CME Group, MarketAxess and ICE; and Eris Exchange, Javelin and TeraExchange; UBS, cocktail reception; and GFI Group, afternoon refreshments.
For more questions about attending “Fixed Income 2013” or for more information about the TABB fixed- income research practice, write to email@example.com.
TabbFORUM is the online global capital markets community offering opinions and analyses on current industry issues, tracked daily by nearly 15,000 industry professionals, including buy-side users from 500 firms; hedge, mutual and pension funds; sell-side firms; all major exchanges and trading venues; regulators in 15 countries; C-level executives; industry associations; academics; consultants; vendors; and all major new media. Now recognized as a conference planner generating one of the industry’s most-sought after event tickets, TabbFORUM was launched in 2010 by TABB Group. With offices in New York, London and expanding across the Asia-Pacific region, TABB is the financial industry’s only research and consulting firm focused on capital markets.