CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from a new report, Ethernet over Coax (EoC) Equipment and Subscribers in China, which tracks market size and subscribers for EoC master/headend and modem hardware.
“The number of TV subscribers in China is 200 million and growing fast, presenting a huge opportunity for cable TV operators there to become significant fixed broadband service providers, challenging China Telecom and China Unicom,” notes Jeff Heynen, directing analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research. “Given China’s unique multi-dwelling unit-dominated environment, cable operators are using Ethernet over Coax technology to quickly roll out broadband services to compete with fiber deployments.”
Heynen continues: “But the cable companies are in the process of consolidating and retooling, and given the organizational and operational challenges that lay ahead, they’ll want to spread EoC rollouts over a longer period of time as they sort out which technologies to use, which markets to target first, and how to best market services they have little to no experience providing.”
EOC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics forecasts the market for Ethernet over Coax (EoC) equipment in China, including master/headend units and modems, to grow at a 33% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2011 to 2016
- EoC modem shipments are expected to grow sixfold by 2016, when they will make up around 70% of total EoC revenue
- There are currently 3.7 million EoC subscribers in China, growing to nearly 24 million by 2016
EOC CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join Jeff Heynen Tue., Jan. 22 at 12 PM Eastern for a live EoC market recap. Log in to http://bit.ly/MP7lsg for access information to join the conference call or view on-demand afterward.
Infonetics’ annual EoC equipment and subscribers report provides market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for Ethernet over Coax (EoC) equipment and subscribers in China, including EoC master/headend units and modems (HomePlug AV/BPL, C-DOCSIS, HiNOC, MoCA, HomePNA/HCNA, and WiFi over Coax [WOC]) used by cable operators. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED PAY TV RESEARCH
- Latest Infonetics Pay TV research brief: http://bit.ly/Vgplq4
- Multi-screen content licensing still a major headache for pay TV operators - Infonetics survey
- Multi-screen services to boost video infrastructure market in 2013
- Cisco #1 in cable STBs for second straight quarter
- Cable TV losing subscribers to satellite and IPTV; Latin America pay-TV to hit $23B in 2012
- MoCA drives growth in home networking devices market in 1H12
UPCOMING PAY TV MARKET RESEARCH
- Broadcast and Streaming Video Equipment and Pay TV Subscribers Market Share
- Set-Top Boxes and Pay TV Subscribers Market Share
- Pay TV Services and Subscribers Market Share
- Pay TV Subscriber Database
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events/ to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Integrating Carrier WiFi with the Mobile Network, with Ruckus (Feb. 5)
- Session Border Controllers in VoLTE, with Metaswitch (Feb. 12)
- Scaling Small Cell Backhaul, with Alcatel-Lucent, Ceragon, Vitesse (Feb. 19)
- 100G Optics: Why Operators Are Upgrading Now, with Cisco, Cyan, Oclaro (Mar. 5)
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth, with Ericsson (Apr. 11)
- The Transcoder Boom in a Multiscreen World (Sponsorships available)
- Service Provider SDNs: Here to Stay (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.