DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l7gcxd/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "PharmaPoint: Rheumatoid Arthritis - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis Event-Driven Update" to their offering.
The RA market is currently very dynamic, with the November 6, 2012 FDA approval of Pfizer's Xeljanz (tofacitinib) and novel oral therapies awaiting approval such as: Eli Lilly's anti-BAFF, tabalumab and JAK1,2 inhibitor, baricitinib, and Rigel/AZ's SYK inhibitor, fostamatinib. These compounds will challenge the current biologics in the attempt to dislodge the stronghold of the TNF inhibitors, if their safety and efficacy profiles are proven once they enter the market.
German physicians included in our survey typically follow guidelines such as ACR or DGRH (German Society for Rheumatology), but also follow their own clinical experience; they treat patients on a case-by-case basis. In Germany, about 29% of referrals of patients presenting in any stage come from PCPs or General Practitioners (GP) regardless of which potential stage the patient is in. Also, most people seeking treatment are within the 36-55 age range (younger than in the US and UK). Within this age group, males and females are represented fairly equally.
- Overview of RA, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in Germany including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in Germany from 2011 to 2022.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the Germany rheumatoid arthritis market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for rheumatoid arthritis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of rheumatoid arthritis drug performance in Germany
- Obtain sales forecast from 2011-2022 in Germany
Product Profiles - Major Brands
- Enbrel (etanercept)
- Humira (adalimumab)
- Remicade (infliximab)
- Simponi (golimumab)
- Cimzia (certolizumab pegol)
- Orencia (abatacept)
- Actemra/RoActemra (tocilizumab)
- Rituxan/MabThera (rituximab)
- Methotrexate Sodium (numerous generic names)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/l7gcxd/pharmapoint