OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), the world’s largest, most trusted online marketplace to buy and sell high value and specialized assets, today announced that James D. Julia Auctioneers (www.jamesdjulia.com), one of North America’s Top 10 antique auctioneers, has joined the Proxibid Marketplace. This new partnership provides collectors from across the globe with access to high-end antiques from a world-renowned auctioneer in the safest and most trusted online marketplace available. The first James D. Julia Auctioneers event to take place via Proxibid is the Annual Winter Antique, Asian & Fine Art Auction slated for January 30 through February 1, 2013.
“We are looking forward to working with Proxibid to bring our customers the best possible bidding and buying experience,” said Jim Julia, Owner and Auctioneer with James. D Julia Auctioneers. “Like Julia's, Proxibid is continuously looking for ways to make to make the online auction experience more enjoyable, honest, transparent, and secure for everyone. I am impressed with Proxibid's approach to risk management, and its commitment to customer service makes it a good match for James D. Julia Auctioneers.”
The Annual Winter Antique, Asian & Fine Art Auction is a three-day event offering collectors access to a vast selection of fine art, antiques, folk art and rare Asian objects from several collections and estates from across North America, including the late John F. Gale Collection of New England paintings. Online bidding for this auction is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/jamesdjulia.
Day one highlights more than 300 fine paintings and bronzes including 130 from the John F. Gale Collection, featuring original works by Aldro T. Hibbard, William L. Stevens, Frederick Mulhaupt and others. Don’t miss the chance to bid on featured items such as:
- Lot 1010: “Gloucester Gill Netters” Oil on canvas 28” x 34 ¼” by Frederick John Mulhaupt
- Lot 1020: “Old Mill, Vermont” Oil on canvas 42” x 48” by William Lester Stevens
- Lot 1036: “Bridge at Bath, NH” Oil on canvas 30 ¼” x 40 ¼” by Aldro Thompson Hibbard
- Lot 1811: “Flower Market – Rome” Oil on canvasboard 17 ¾” x 21 ¼” by Mable May Woodward
- Lot 1277: “Muri Myth” Oil on canvas 33” x 36” by J. Sultan Ali
Day two features a selection of antiques including weathervanes, carved eagles, a pair of New Hampshire fire buckets, historical documents, painted game boards, painted and formal furniture, gold and silver coins, folk art, nautical art including an ivory ship model, outstanding clocks, fine early porcelain, glass and more. Log on and bid live on highlights, including:
- Lot 2088: Rare and important Nancy Hanks with Pneumatic Tire Sulky Weathervane
- Lot 2082: Pair of red painted and decorated Portsmouth, New Hampshire fire buckets
- Lot 2033: Portrait of the Pilot Boat, “Fannie” Oil on canvas 24” x 42” by Antonio Nicolo Gasparo Jacobsen
- Lot 2360: Important Aesthetic Movement Herter Brothers Eight-Piece Inlaid Walnut Parlor Suite
Asian antiques and art will be showcased in day three, as more than 800 lots are brought live online. Many rare items as well as a selection from the collection of P.Y. Wang (1893-1977) will cross the block during this session. Collectors will not want to miss featured items such as:
- Lot 3355: Important Korean 10-Panel Folding Longevity Screen
- Lot 3368: Very Important and Rare Rhinoceros Horn Raft Cup
- Lot 3299: Fine Three-Railing Louhan Chuang Bed
For more information about this auction, to view the online catalog or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/jamesdjulia.
Proxibid provides asset owners of all sizes and buyers with access to the world’s largest, most trusted online marketplace and selling solutions for excess inventory. More than $2 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s marketplace annually in product categories that include heavy equipment; commercial and industrial equipment; real estate; fine art, antiques and collectibles and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.