DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2d32j6/influenza_vlp) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Influenza VLP Vaccine (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.
GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Influenza VLP Vaccine (Seasonal Influenza Vaccines) Forecast and Market Analysis. Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough.
The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market.
However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Novavax, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, is focused on developing vaccines against diseases such as influenza and respiratory syncytial virus infection. The company employs VLP nanotechnology as the foundation of its vaccine portfolio. Novavax's VLP vaccine is expected to be the second recombinant vaccine against influenza available within the US market, shortly after PSC's FluBlok. Novavax also has multiple development agreements with companies such as GE Healthcare and LG Life Sciences as well as government entities such as the US Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Influenza VLP Vaccine including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Influenza VLP Vaccine from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Influenza VLP Vaccine performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Influenza VLP Vaccine from 2012 to 2022 in the US.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2d32j6/influenza_vlp