ROANOKE, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TMEIC Corporation in Roanoke, Va. has reached 100 Megawatts in orders in the Photovoltaic business - enough clean energy to power over 30,000 households for one year.
This milestone demonstrates TMEIC’s commitment to developing its solar business in the American Market. These orders are a direct result of introducing the new Solar Ware® product line to meet the needs of the US Utility Scale market. Over 70 MW will be commissioned by the end of 2012 with the remainder in the first quarter of 2013.
TMEIC’s Solar Ware® product line includes high efficiency 100 kW to 630 kW inverters that can be integrated into 1.0 MW to 2.6 MW blocks for utility scale PV installations. TMEIC also provides Main Site Control for site power limit, slew control and power factor compensation.
Built on decades of engineering experience with power electronics, Solar Ware® inverters offer the industry’s most advanced grid management in an efficient, compact footprint. The TMEIC Solar Ware® product line includes:
- Solar Ware® 630 kW inverter – MPPT operating range from 540 to 950 V
- Solar Ware® 500 kW inverter – MPPT operating range from 450 to 950 V
- Solar Ware® 250 kW inverter – MPPT operating range from 450 to 850 V
- Solar Ware® 100 kW inverter – MPPT operating range from 320 to 550 V, NEMA 3R Enclosure for outdoor installation
- Solar Ware® Station – a pre-packaged 1.0 MW to 2.6 MW substation with multiple Solar Ware inverters.
- Solar Ware® Main Site Controller – provides overall coordination and control of multiple Solar Ware® inverters, and monitors and controls the entire PV installation.
“Reaching 100 MW in PV orders within two years is a big accomplishment,” says Donn Samsa, Director of Marketing, TMEIC. “It is the result of TMEIC’s reputation for bankability, quality and reliability, as well as our commitment to unmatched customer support for utility scale PV installations in the U.S.”
TMEIC has sales offices dedicated to developing the Photovoltaic business in San Jose, New York, Atlanta and Roanoke, VA. Sales offices are supported by the factory in Japan, as well as engineering services throughout the USA.
About Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC)
Toshiba Mitsubishi-Electric Industrial Systems Corporation (TMEIC) was formed in 2003 from the merger of the industrial systems departments of Toshiba Corporation and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. TMEIC manufactures and sells variable frequency drives, motors, and advanced automation systems for a range of industrial applications. We drive industry.
The North American operation –
TMEIC Corporation, headquartered in Roanoke, VA, designs, develops and engineers advanced automation, large AC machines and variable frequency drive systems. TMEIC Corporation specializes in Metals, Material Handling, Oil & Gas, Mining, Testing and other industrial markets worldwide. We drive industry. www.tmeic.com