DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rnj75b/fluarix_seasonal) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Fluarix (Seasonal Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Fluarix (Seasonal Influenza Vaccine) Forecast and Market Analysis”
Seasonal Influenza is a respiratory infection caused by influenza virus that results in mild to severe symptoms, such as fever, cold and cough. The market is heavily driven by the sales of prophylactic vaccine treatments to prevent infection. Currently, trivalent intramuscular vaccines such as Sanofi's Fluzone and Vaxigrip, GlaxoSmithKline's Fluarix and FluLaval and Novartis' Fluvirin garner the majority stake of the market. However, with the entrance of vaccines with novel routes of administration, such as AstraZeneca's intranasal FluMist and Sanofi's Fluzone IntraDermal, GlobalData projects a dramatic shift favoring the adoption of such vaccines over the traditional intramuscular vaccines. GlobalData also anticipates that manufacturers that launch quadrivalent formulations will steal market share, patient share, and revenue from the trivalent influenza vaccines currently available.
Fluarix is a trivalent, inactivated vaccine designed to immunize recipients against influenza. Fluarix is manufactured by propagating influenza viruses in chicken eggs, purifying the viruses via centrifugation, disrupting the viruses with detergent, inactivating the viruses with formaldehyde and sodium deoxycholate, and suspending the split virus in saline buffer. Fluarix is administered via intramuscular injection, where it elicits the production of antibodies that help protect the recipient against subsequent influenza infection. Fluarix is marketed by GlaxoSmithKline, as is a second trivalent vaccine, FluLaval. Fluarix was initially sold in Europe, but GSK expanded sales to the US and Indian markets.
- Overview of seasonal influenza, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Fluarix including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Fluarix for the top seven countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain and India
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for seasonal influenza
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Fluarix performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Fluarix from 2012 to 2022 in the US, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain and India.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rnj75b/fluarix_seasonal