NEW YORK--()--For the first time ever, Music Choice is set to release its inaugural “Best of List” called the MC 100. Hand picked by MC Programming experts, the MC 100 is a list of the biggest songs and best artists that aired over the past year across all its platforms including MC’s Music Channels, Video On-Demand, and SWRV TV. By aggregating MC’s data impressions from TV, online, and viewer interactions, the MC 100 is by far the most accurate music list this year because it is the perfect reflection of consumer use along with programming experts insights. With over 52 million listeners and 1 billion annual video views, Music Choice is the ultimate destination for the best music and videos around.
“The MC 100 represents the artists and songs that made a difference in 2012 across all MC platforms”
“The MC 100 represents the artists and songs that made a difference in 2012 across all MC platforms,” stated Damon Williams, VP Programming & Content Development at Music Choice. “The MC Programming Team reflected hard about the past year and hand picked these songs based upon the significant impact they had on our audience and our products. The MC 100 is our first ever best of list and our gift to everyone who loves Music Choice!”
Who made the Top 100? You will have to watch and listen to find out, but highlights include:
- Carly Rae Jepsen – With a viral kick start from Justin Bieber’s fan base, Carly Rae dominated 2012! “Call Me Maybe” blew up on MC’s HIT LIST channel, while raking in huge Video On Demand orders and SWRV interactions!
- Breakout Stars – MC prides itself on seeking out and providing exposure to artists before they hit the big time. This year artists like 2 Chainz and One Direction found an early home on SWRV, MC Video On Demand and MC Music Channels. If their impact on MC this year is any indication, 2013 will be even bigger for them!
- Exclusive Clips – Not only is MC giving you the best of 2012 – it also includes MC only footage of fan favorites!! Check out alternate versions of J. Cole’s “Can’t Get Enough” and Gym Class Heroes’ Ass Back Home ft. Neon Hitch that were recorded specifically for MC’s Live Undefined original program.
- Alterative Going Pop – Whether featured in a TV commercial or on many different MC channels, artists like Gotye, Fun. & Foster The People started off the year on MC’s Alternative channel and quickly became some of the most mass appeal artists dominating multiple MC Music Channels.
- Social Media Superstars – Social Media might help discover stars – but they still look to TV and radio to gain credibility and become true household names. In 2012 artists like Psy and Karmin dominated social media and created a new path to breakthrough on MC.
- Women Who Owned 2012 – President Obama would agree that either in a voting booth or a recording studio, women made all the difference in 2012! From Rihanna to Katy, Adele to Nicki there’s no question that women conquered this year. From their sexy videos to there massive vocals, MC programmers all agreed that ladies ruled 2012!
- Nicki Minaj – Speaking of women, the Queen of Young Money gives 5 different reasons why she remains one of music’s most exciting superstars. She appears the most times out of any other artists on the list! Whether helping out David Guetta or on her own, Nicki created songs and videos that immediately reacted across all MC platforms especially Video On Demand where she dominated with over 50 million video views in the past year!
The full list of 100 songs will appear in a Video On Demand special that debuts on December 17th on MC On Demand. Hosted by TV/Radio personality Niko, the four part special will include exclusive artist commentary. Also included in the special is fan reaction and poll results gathered from MC’s social media platforms. The special will be available December 17-January 6th under MC On Demand>MC 100
The full MC 100 countdown will also play as a block program on MC’s Hit List Music Channel starting on December 29th at 6pm and repeat as following:
- Saturday 12/29 (6pm-12am est.)
- Sunday 12/30 (3pm-9pm est.)
- Monday 12/31 (6pm-12am est.)
- Tuesday 1/1/13 (12pm-6pm est.)