HERNDON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Deltek, Inc., the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services firms and government contractors, has released its annual set of Top Federal Opportunity reports for FY2013, designed to help government contractors find – and win – more government business.
At the beginning of each federal fiscal year Deltek identifies and assesses the top 20 federal contract opportunities for the coming year. This year, Deltek has delivered three unique reports that will help government contractors assess the market opportunity for FY2013 and plan their business development strategies. These reports reflect ongoing changes in government spending dynamics and identify areas where spending will increase, making them mandatory reading for government contractors.
- Top 20 Federal Business Opportunities for FY 2013
- Top 10 Civilian Opportunities for FY 2013
- Top 10 Small Business Opportunities for FY 2013
“The top opportunities featured in our reports represent only a fraction of the total contracts awarded in any given year,” said Kevin Plexico, Vice President, Federal Information Solutions with Deltek. “Due to their size and scale, our reports provide valuable insight on the overall trends and direction of government procurement.”
Top 20 Federal Business Opportunities for FY 2013
Deltek’s Top 20 Federal Business Opportunities report identifies the highest-profile procurements and analyzes key trends and patterns in those procurements to help contractors more effectively build their business development strategies for the coming year.
The Top 20 report includes $92.2 billion in total contract value consisting of prime contract opportunities from a variety of agencies and industry segments. Key report highlights include:
- Defense agencies account for $56.5 billion of the total for 2013
- Civilian contract value has increased from $9 billion in FY2012 to $35.8 billion in FY2013
- New programs make up 30 percent of the list and 40 percent of the total contract value in FY2013
- Re-competitions continue to dominate the landscape for 2013; 70 percent of the top 20 have incumbent providers
Top 10 Civilian Opportunities for FY 2013
The Civilian report contains details on more than $39 billion in prime contract opportunities from a variety of civilian agencies across a number of industry segments.
Key report highlights include:
- Information technology (IT) dominates the Civilian report with major procurements from NASA, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Education, and the Department of State
- IT contracts listed make-up $20.9 billion in contract value
- Eight of the featured civilian top ten opportunities have incumbent providers for the services required. While the majority of opportunities are follow-on contracts, the two new requirements total over $15 billion
Top 10 Small Business Opportunities for FY 2013
This report identifies the top 10 FY 2013 small business set-aside opportunities. The prime contracting opportunities for small businesses detailed in the report exceed $12 billion in total ceiling value.
Key report highlights include:
- In FY 2013, set-aside Defense opportunities have higher dollar values than set-aside Civilian opportunities, which is a change from previous years; Air Force opportunities are slated to dominate the Defense market in FY 2013
- Multiple award contracts represent over $11 billion in contract value; eight of the top 10 opportunities on the FY 2013 Top 10 list for small businesses are multiple award vehicles
- Agencies are expanding small business prime contracts and task order opportunities by increasing the number of awards made to small firms, particularly within the traditional Small Business Set-Aside category
Click here to download any of the three reports. To schedule interviews with the Deltek experts who wrote the reports, contact Jessica Primanzon.
Deltek is the leading global provider of enterprise software and information solutions for professional services firms and government contractors. For decades, we have delivered actionable insight that empowers our customers to unlock their business potential. 15,000 organizations and 2 million users in over 80 countries around the world rely on Deltek to research and identify opportunities, win new business, optimize resources, streamline operations, and deliver more profitable projects. Deltek – Know more. Do more.® www.deltek.com.