SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DocuSign, the global standard for eSignature, today announced that LPL Financial LLC, the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer*, a leading RIA custodian and institutional service provider, and a wholly owned subsidiary of LPL Financial Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: LPLA), has launched DocuSign’s electronic signature solution to its advisor technology platform to enhance transaction speed, security and convenience for LPL Financial advisors and their clients. DocuSign will provide the easiest, fastest, most secure way to complete and sign LPL Financial account documents – anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Christopher Giles, senior vice president of Advisor-Facing Technology at LPL Financial, said, “We are always seeking new ways to enhance the ability of financial advisors to maximize their time spent on the client-facing aspects of their business while eliminating extraneous tasks and providing a superior service experience. The launch of DocuSign’s eSignature solution is an important step forward for LPL Financial, our advisors and their clients. As a simple example, LPL Financial currently receives about 4 million faxes a year, and eSignature could dramatically reduce that amount, resulting in a significant savings in paper, paperwork and office-keeping tasks. We believe that eSignature’s easy-to-use nature, and its seamless integration with our comprehensive document creation, submission, delivery, storage and retrieval processes, once again underscores our company’s commitment to be at the technological forefront of our industry.”
LPL Financial advisors will benefit from DocuSign’s productivity and timesaving features, including streamlined account openings; reduced document submission turnaround time; automated routing to multiple signers, tracking of pending documents and client reminders; and enhanced auditing and risk management. LPL clients will enjoy DocuSign’s easier, faster and more convenient eSignature process which eliminates the need to fax or mail signed paper documents so clients can DocuSign documents anytime, anywhere, on any device.
“We’re excited to partner with LPL Financial to help continually enhance the experience of its advisors,” said Keith Krach, chairman and CEO of DocuSign. “The launch of DocuSign’s eSignature solution highlights LPL’s commitment to its customers with technology that creates a better experience for everyone.”
DocuSign’s electronic signature solution helps:
- Enhance client satisfaction – DocuSign increases customer convenience with anytime, anywhere signing so clients can conduct business in minutes online.
- Accelerate speed of business – DocuSign cuts transaction times from weeks to minutes and eliminates ‘Not In Good Order’ documents. Combined with seamless integration with back-office systems, DocuSign enables paperless, straight-through processing to help organizations increase the speed of their business.
- Lower costs – DocuSign saves time and money by reducing printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting costs, minimizing paperwork handling and eliminating the rekeying of client data.
- Decrease risk – DocuSign improves compliance by eliminating manual signature verification and minimizing risk of NPI (non Public Personal Information) exposure from unsecure paperwork in mail, facsimile trays and email.
Financial institutions interested in learning more about DocuSign may visit http://www.docusign.com.
About DocuSign Inc.
DocuSign® is the leader in eSignature transaction management and the global standard for eSignature. Global enterprises, business departments, individual professionals and consumers are standardising on DocuSign, with 60,000 new users joining the DocuSign Global Network every day. Today, that network includes more than 23 million users who have DocuSigned more than 220 million documents in 188 countries. DocuSign is used to accelerate transaction times to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers across nearly every industry – from financial services, insurance, technology, healthcare, manufacturing, communications, property management and consumer goods, to higher education and others. For more information, visit www.docusign.com or call 877.720.2040. Visit the DocuSign blog at www.docusign.com/blog and follow DocuSign on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
* Based on total revenues, Financial Planning Magazine, June 1996-2012