GREENSBORO, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TCDI announced today that the company has undergone a Service Organization Control 2SM (SOC 2SM) examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that the management of Technology Concepts & Design, Inc. maintained effective controls over the security, availability, and confidentiality of its Litigation Support Service. The engagement was performed by Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P (CBH).
Earlier this year, the SOC 2SM reports replaced SAS 70 Type II audits as the benchmark compliance report for service organizations. The new standards required TCDI to complete and submit a written assessment of the operating effectiveness and suitability of its controls, which was analyzed and validated in person by the independent auditors.
The SOC 2SM report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential clients who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls that are relevant to the security and availability of the system used to process the clients’ information, or the confidentiality that information. The report provides valuable data that clients of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
"We are pleased that our SOC 2SM report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to availability, security, and confidentiality.” said Kittie Pearson, Managing Director of Compliance & CDS. “We believe this report provides significant value and assurance to our clients by demonstrating our commitment to operational excellence in meeting their needs while providing a secure and reliable solution.”
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- Security. The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Availability. The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principles issued by the AICPA.
Since 1988, TCDI® has partnered with large corporations and law firms to provide advanced litigation support software and services for eDiscovery, hosted Review & Production, and large-scale Litigation Case-File Management. The company combines advanced technology and automation with superior client partnerships and has been a technology partner in some of the largest litigation in U.S. history.
To learn more, visit www.tcdi.com or call 888.823.2880.