SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS, Brazil--(Pro Line Fusion® advanced avionics successfully completed the first test flight on the Embraer Executive Jets’ Legacy 500 mid-size business jet. The flight occurred at Embraer’s headquarters in Sấo José dos Campos, Brazil.)--Rockwell Collins today announced that its
“I congratulate the entire Embraer and Rockwell Collins team on this significant accomplishment.”
“This flight brings us one step closer to delivering the best available cockpit technology to Embraer Executive Jets and its global customer base,” said Greg Irmen, vice president and general manager, Business and Regional Systems for Rockwell Collins. “The Legacy 450/500 program is a great source of pride for our company as we strengthen our presence in Brazil, one of the fastest growing aviation markets in the world.”
Irmen added, “I congratulate the entire Embraer and Rockwell Collins team on this significant accomplishment.”
The highly intuitive Legacy 500 flight deck includes the following standard Pro Line Fusion features:
- Four high resolution 15-inch diagonal LCD displays with high-resolution synthetic vision depiction of terrain and obstacles
- Advanced human-machine interface including graphical flight planning capability
- Integrated Flight Information Systems (IFIS) with electronic charts, enhanced maps and document reader
- Dual advanced Flight Management Systems (FMS) with Wide Area Augmentation System Localizer Precision Vertical (WAAS/LPV) and Required Navigation Performance (RNP) capabilities
- Traffic Surveillance System with Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) capabilities
- Networked capability enabling interoperability with Rockwell Collins’ Ascend to synchronize the aircraft and ground systems for database and maintenance updates
Optional features include:
- Rockwell Collins’ award-winning MultiScan™ Threat Detection System, which provides optimal, clutter-free weather information that improves situational awareness
- Surface Management System (SMS) to provide surface situational awareness at airports around the world
- Link 2000+ Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) to enhance operational efficiency with electronic messaging
First deliveries of the aircraft are expected to begin in early 2014.
Pro Line Fusion features a pilot-selectable display format that allows the crew to view a wide range of information such as flight-critical data, synoptic diagrams of aircraft information, navigational charts and maps on multiple presentations, significantly enhancing situational awareness. The system also supports future technology and airspace requirements such as ADS-B and Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC). It is the only avionics system scalable to meet the mission needs of the full range of business aircraft, from turboprops to intercontinental business aircraft to the most sophisticated regional jets, and military aircraft.
To date, Pro Line Fusion has been selected for 17 aircraft platforms, including the Brazilian Air Force’s Embraer KC-390 tanker/transport aircraft.
About Rockwell Collins
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication and aviation electronic solutions for both commercial and government applications. Our expertise in flight deck avionics, cabin electronics, mission communications, information management, and simulation and training is delivered by 19,000 employees, and a global service and support network that crosses 27 countries. To find out more, please visit www.rockwellcollins.com.