LOUISVILLE, Ky.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In order to provide the latest in exergaming health benefits to consumers, Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) has extended its partnership with Ubisoft and the “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved” game franchise. “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013,” which is now available exclusively on the new Wii U™ game console from Nintendo®, brings a fun and engaging fitness experience that leverages second-screen gaming for the first time, and reaches a wider audience of casual gamers.
Exergaming, the popular trend in physical fitness is rapidly becoming common place activity in many homes across the country and is helping kids stay active. A report issued by the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center states that kids ages 10 to 13 burned as many or more calories by exergaming than they did with sports or moderate exercise1.
Similar to “Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2012,” which is currently available worldwide on Kinect™ for Xbox 360®, HumanaVitality® members who play Your Shape 2013 can take their exercise even further and seamlessly earn Vitality Points™, which can be redeemed for rewards. HumanaVitality members can expect this reward opportunity to be available in early 2013.
“More than a third of U.S. adults and children are obese, and that number is expected to continue growing in the foreseeable future,” said Shankar Ram, Vice President of Innovation at Humana. “We want to help eliminate these health risks by meeting people where they are—in their homes—and making it easy for them to be active through their gaming consoles by turning their living rooms into workout centers.”
“This partnership between Ubisoft and Humana provides an innovative way for consumers to maintain a healthy lifestyle – staying active doesn’t have to be a chore,” said Tony Key, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Ubisoft. “Ubisoft is excited to expand the series to the new Wii U platform, and provide another way to stay active, have fun and gain lasting benefits.”
Ubisoft and Humana have continued a series of creative workouts for Your Shape 2013 that encourages people to have fun and make healthy behavior choices on their own schedules. Consumers can access three Humana-sponsored workout programs within the game:
- Strengthen Your Heart - Focused on lowering high blood pressure
- Active Kids - Targeted at preventing childhood obesity
- Aging with Grace - Designed to improve elder mobility and agility
In the new version of Your Shape 2013, consumers can enjoy a number of additional features:
- A Personal Trainer – Create a personalized fitness program lasting up to four weeks, tailored to your current fitness level and preferences. Set your own personal goals and workout frequency. Get fit and stay motivated with a progressive learning curve and daily objectives.
- Getting Connected – A variety of new online features such as news feeds, online challenges, leaderboards, achievements and friend competition allow for interaction among competitors.
- Dance Mode – Fitness made fun! Players burn calories while dancing to a pumping soundtrack allowing for more fun while getting fit.
- Eating Well – Getting fit isn’t only about exercise. Your Shape 2013 includes a database of over 120 recipes for all occasions enabling users to eat right and live well.
Healthy gaming is one of the latest trends being used to promote healthy activity and help fight the growing issue of obesity. The continuation of the partnership with Ubisoft showcases Humana’s focus on bringing members of all ages exciting and accessible ways to continue to exercise and make healthy choices that will help wellness in their lives.
For more information on Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013, please visit: www.YourShapeCenter.com
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings
- Most recent investor conference presentations
- Quarterly earnings news releases
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors)
- Corporate Governance information
HumanaVitality®, headquartered in Chicago, Ill., is a joint venture between Humana Inc. and Discovery Holdings, Ltd. Humana partnered with Discovery because of its 14 years of worldwide experience using behavioral, clinical and actuarial science to motivate individuals to make healthier choices. By integrating rewards with healthy behaviors, HumanaVitality provides the tools and support necessary to help Humana members live healthier lives and furthers Humana’s Dream to Help People Achieve Lifelong Well-BeingSM.
HumanaVitality has more than 1.6 million members who are enhancing their health and wellness through a comprehensive integrated approach to lifestyle improvement. For more information about HumanaVitality, please visit the company’s website at www.humanavitality.com. You can also find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/humanavitality, follow us on Twitter: @HumanaVitality and add us on Google+: HumanaVitality.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and has sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. For the 2011–12 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of 1.061 billion euros. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.