DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q7t89d/opportunities_for) has announced the addition of the "Opportunities for Composites in the North American Automotive Market 2012-2017: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis" report to their offering.
Composites have been a part of the North American automotive industry since 1930. The market has witnessed favorable growth in the past few years and is projected to reach US $2,078 million with a CAGR of 6.1% in next five years. The future of this market reflects good growth opportunities. Engineered composites have enjoyed consistent growth as the concept of light weight is becoming more crucial for the automotive market, seeking new ways to reduce vehicle weight.
The increased use of composites is not without its challenges. The main challenge is cost pressure. Composites such as carbon fiber precursors are too expensive, and the processing methods are too slow and costly. Another reason is that the metal manufacturers seem to be well organized and can promptly adjust to the current changes and supply the automakers with the products they need. The composites market needs to match the metal industry's unity of purpose. Composites products also have some positive aspects. The primary reason to accumulate composites for a vehicle application is weight reduction, which helps in fuel economy and better vehicle performance. Secondly, the Federal Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards have forced automakers to produce more fuel efficient vehicles to decrease the average CO2 emission in the environment.
Among the thermoplastic composite materials, LFRT and D-LFT have found increasingly new applications. Most of the growth of LFRT is attributed to front end carrier applications. The reduction in cycle time as well as optimization of automation system and extrusion techniques made D-LFT an attractive alternative for high volume production.
Some of the features of this market report are:
- Market size estimates in terms of value($) and volume (mill lbs) materials consumption in North American Automotive industry.
- Porter's Five Force Analysis for North American Automotive Composites market in terms of Supplier Power, Buyer Power, Barriers to Entry, Threat of Substitution, and Rivalry.
- Growth trends for last five years (2006-2011) and forecasts for next five years (2012-2017) in terms of value dollar and volume lbs. consumed in total NA composites market and also for various applications segments such as airintake manifold, connectors and front end carriers.
- Trends and forecast for various raw materials such as by resins, by materials, and by applications
- Market penetration of competing materials in various applications
- Growth opportunities of NA composites market
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1.Executive Summary
Chapter 2. North American Automotive Composites market
Chapter 3. Applications
Chapter 4. North American Automotive Composite Market Analysis
Chapter 6. Competitive Analysis
Chapter 7. North American Automotive Composites Market Trend
Chapter 8. North American Automotive Composites Market Forecast
Chapter 9. Materials Suppliers
- SABIC Innovative Plastics
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/q7t89d/opportunities_for