ALISO VIEJO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quest Software, Inc. (now a part of Dell) today announced the release of MessageStats® 7.0, which includes MessageStats Business Insights, a new solution providing IT managers and business users with enhanced insight into email data. Because email is a primary tool of choice for collaboration and communication in enterprises today, it is increasingly essential for organizations to understand employee email communication trends, and make informed decisions to ensure protection of internal information. MessageStats Business Insights is built on Quest’s 12-year heritage as an industry leader in email migration.
MessageStats Business Insights transforms data in messaging systems
into intelligence, enabling IT managers to understand email
communications, and use that knowledge to make informed decisions and
take any necessary steps for remediation.
- Includes an HTML5 front-end to a communications big-data back end, and requires no data analyst or professional services to support it
- Enables IT Managers to detect, analyze and investigate inappropriate use of corporate email as outlined by organizations’ corporate email use policies, including excessive personal usage and social networking, as well as communication with competitors
MessageStats Business Insights enables IT and line-of-business
managers to mine insights from data in the Exchange store by:
- Transforming data into intelligence: Enables business managers to tap into the wealth of information in the Exchange store to answer questions like: Which members of my team are communicating with top tier clients? How often? What innovative ideas are being discussed in the organization and by whom?
- Providing an easy-to-use dashboard: Puts the intelligence in the hands of managers, enabling them to easily configure useful insights without extensive technical training, thereby reducing the burden on IT admins for one-off requests
- Producing exactly what is needed when it’s needed: Users can see messaging trends in a familiar dashboard that provides an overview of insights grouped into categories, is customizable, and can be refined on the fly to reflect the changing priorities of a business.
- Supporting on-premises or hybrid deployment: IT organizations can continue to use the solution whether they stay on-premises with Exchange or move to a hybrid environment
Pricing and Availability:
- MessageStats Business Insights is included in MessageStats 7.0 at no additional fee.
Michael Tweddle, senior director of product management, Quest Software
“Today, businesses run on email. It is the communication tool of choice for employees, partners and customers. This evolution has brought significant new challenges for people managing and delivering email services such as compliance, archiving, and e-discovery. As businesses continue to steadily increase their reliance on and use of email, the ensuing vast intelligence store will be a gold mine representing the thoughts, actions and communications of the business. MessageStats Business Insights provides smart and simple ways to understand, measure, investigate, and improve communications and processes with customers, partners and internal groups.”
Michael Osterman, president, Osterman Research, Inc.
“As data mining technology becomes more sophisticated and intuitive, a new world of business data is being unlocked and examined, all in the hope of driving better business performance. By examining the hidden information in email, both IT and the business can gain valuable insights into the health of their company and employee collaboration, all while ensuring that sensitive data located in email remains protected.”
Jon Orton, Group Manager, Product Marketing - Exchange, Microsoft Corporation
"As we enter the era of the 100 gigabyte mailbox, Exchange admins need to be fully equipped to pull ‘big data’ insights out of messaging data, to better understand how their businesses use email. Customers who deploy Microsoft Exchange today, and in the future, have the ability to unlock data that resides in email and use it to drive more value for the business.”
Scott Bueffel, lead Unified Communications engineer, Cambia Health
“Cambia Health is a long-time user of MessageStats, and the addition of Business Insights is a welcome step in monitoring email communications. The solution enables us to forecast growth and report efficiencies back to the organization quickly and easily, all by mining email data for insights. Also, because the product is a self-driven service accessed via a single console, a wide range of people inside our organization can use it, which has helped us save valuable resources in both time and personnel. “
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- More Quest news: http://www.quest.com/newsroom/
- Twitter: http://mobile.twitter.com/quest
- Facebook: http://www.quest.com/facebook
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/
- Quest TV: http://www.quest.com/tv/
About Quest Software (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. Quest, now a part of Dell’s Software Group, provides simple and innovative IT management solutions that enable more than 100,000 global customers to save time and money across physical and virtual environments. Quest products solve complex IT challenges ranging from database management, data protection, identity and access management, monitoring, user workspace management to Windows management. For more information, visit http://www.quest.com or http://www.dell.com.
About Dell Software
Dell Software helps customers of every size take advantage of new technologies and address organizational challenges to grow their businesses and remain competitive. For more than a decade, Dell has been making strategic software acquisitions and partnering in the industry to support and enable the hardware and services solutions it provides to customers. In 2012, Dell formed a dedicated software division to extend its capabilities in software IP and total solutions offerings. Dell security, systems management, business intelligence and application software draw on the strength of Dell’s distribution capabilities and reputation to help clients in every industry achieve better business outcomes.
- Quest news releases: http://www.quest.com/rss/news-releases.aspx
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.
Quest, Quest Software, MessageStats, and the Quest logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quest Software in the United States and certain other countries. All other names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.