BIRMINGHAM, Ala.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Across the 16 states served by Regions Bank, thousands of people and hundreds of community organizations benefitted from bank associates who were dedicated to Sharing the Good in their local communities during the month of October.
During Share the Good, a company-wide focus on giving back to local communities through service, education, and volunteerism, Regions associates supported a variety of non-profits and community organizations, performed random acts of kindness, led financial education courses, provided helping hands to collect needed goods, food and supplies, and more.
“Being part of our community is about extending more than a hand with a check,” said Rick Swagler, head of Regions External Affairs. “It’s about providing hands, feet, expertise and experience, and it’s about associates making a difference and showing our appreciation for the relationship we have with the community.”
Now in its third year, Share the Good has allowed thousands of Regions associates to be more involved with their local communities. With hundreds of planned activities from Texas to Florida, highlights from this year’s effort included:
- More than 8,000 individuals received banker-led financial education instruction
- More than 4,000 books were collected for local agencies
- Some 3,500 meals were provided through community groups
- In North Central Alabama alone, bankers led more than 130 financial education courses
- Bankers provided free kids meals to 200 customers at a local restaurant in the West Coast of Florida.
- Bank associates in West Tennessee helped construct a new greenhouse for a local urban farm.
- In Georgia and Mississippi associates delivered hundreds of meals and volunteered at neighborhood food banks.
Regions’ commitment to Social Responsibility and giving back is catalogued in the company’s annual Social Responsibility Report. Also, more information is available on the regions.com website about Regions and Community Affairs efforts.
Regions provides associates with a paid day off each year to volunteer in their community through its What a Difference a Day Makes program.
About Regions Financial Corporation
Regions Financial Corporation, with $122 billion in assets, is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates approximately 1,700 banking offices and 2,100 ATMs. Additional information about Regions and its full line of products and services can be found at www.regions.com.