WESTLAKE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), operator of TA and Petro Stopping Centers branded travel centers, held a groundbreaking ceremony today at 9 a.m. to kick off the building of its new Petro Stopping Centers location at 3001 Grant Street (I-80/I-94, Exit 9), in Gary, Indiana. The event was attended by TravelCenters senior management, members of Gary’s city council, the City of Gary’s Department of Commerce and The Honorable Karen Freeman-Wilson, Mayor of Gary.
Scheduled to reopen in the first half of 2013, the Gary Petro location will offer professional drivers, the finest in travel center amenities and services in a beautiful new facility. Specifically, the 28.6-acre site will offer:
- 340 truck parking spaces,
- A 237-seat state-of-the-art Iron Skillet® Restaurant (Voted Best food by professional drivers year after year),
- a travel store stocked with driver merchandise, beverages, and to-go meal options, including better-for-you snack choices,
- a 6-bay Petro:Lube truck service facility,
- 15 diesel lanes, all with DEF at the pump,
- 15 driver showers operated by a fully automated reservation system, also accessible through the TA/Petro TruckSmart® mobile app,
- a combination Taco Bell/Pizza Hut quick-serve restaurant for those who need to quickly get back on the road,
- a FREE StayFit® fitness room (free to professional drivers who are UltraONE® Driver Rewards Program members),
- a laundry facility with machines that accept credit/debit card payments and send the user a text message when the cycle is finished,
- a full-service Verizon® UltraMobile store,
- Professional driver movie and TV rooms, and much more!
“I’m very happy about the groundbreaking for the new Petro location in Gary,” said Tom O’Brien, President and CEO of TravelCenters. “We are thrilled to be able to bring a brand new, state-of-the-art, full-service travel center to the professional driving population and the city of Gary.”
At the groundbreaking event, Mayor Freeman-Wilson said, “TravelCenters is a great example of a new corporate partner that is bringing jobs, tremendous positive economic impact and business to the city of Gary.” The new Gary Petro is expected to employ mostly local residents after its reopening.
About TravelCenters of America LLC
TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), headquartered in Westlake, Ohio is a leading travel center business in 41 states and Canada operating under the TA and Petro Stopping Centers brands. With 242 convenient locations off interstate highway exits, TA and Petro offer customers diesel and gasoline fueling services, nearly 500 full- and quick-service restaurants, 24-hour convenience stores, heavy truck maintenance services, RoadSquad™ (24/7/365 emergency roadside service), electronic communication (WiFi), and many other services – all within large, high traffic facilities. For more information on TravelCenters and TA, please visit www.tatravelcenters.com. For more information on Petro Stopping Centers, please visit www.petrotruckstops.com.