ROUND ROCK, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--While Santa is still busy making his list and checking it twice, Dell is unveiling its own list, the #Inspire 100, a curation of leading influencers in entrepreneurship, philanthropy, education and media who use technology to empower and inspire others.
Curated by Dell with the help of industry leaders including Elliott Bisnow, founder of Summit Series; Josh Kopelman, founder, First Round Capital; Ingrid Vanderveldt, Dell Entrepreneur in Residence; Shauna Robertson, partner, Crowdrise; and Tina Wells, member of Dell Women Entrepreneur Network (DWEN) and Founder and CEO of Buzz Marketing Group, the #Inspire 100 list recognizes thinkers, designers and risk takers in four categories: World Changers, Entrepreneurs, Creatives and Tastemakers. The complete list has been unveiled on Dell’s Facebook page. One-minute video highlights, interviews and vignettes on select honorees will be featured. Supporters and admirers can participate and help spread the word and share what inspires them via Facebook, Twitter and other social media outlets using the hashtag #inspire. The campaign runs through Dec. 21.
Among the #Inspire 100 honorees are such World Changers as Casey Rotter (U.S. Fund for UNICEF), Chrysi Philalithes ((RED)) and Penny Abeywardena (Clinton Global Initiative); Entrepreneurs including Gina Bianchini (Mighty Bell), Scott Gerber (Young Entrepreneur Council) and Jose Ferreira (Knewton); Creatives like Grace Bonney (Design*Sponge), Ross Martin (MTV Scratch) and William Yan (WilliamYan.com); and Tastemakers including Dina Fierro (Eye4Style.com), Giuliana Rancic (E! News and FabFitFun) and Josh Rubin (Cool Hunting).
“The #Inspire 100 are one hundred extraordinary people who are moved by their individual passions, and who inspire others to do the same,” said Fara Howard, Dell executive director of North America Consumer and Small Office Marketing. “They’re the social entrepreneurs who invest every dollar to make the world a better place, writers who connect communities, designers who embody the spirit of innovation. They’re committed to action, to being leaders, and to showing how technology can make dreams come true.”
Dell’s naming of the #Inspire 100 ties in with the company’s “Inspired Gifting” holiday campaign, which encourages shoppers to “give the gift of inspiration.” Dell has long been committed to crafting inspired designs and technology solutions — ones that help people discover the world, bring their passions to life, and achieve their dreams.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Join us at Dell World 2012 – The Power to Do More. Technology professionals will learn from one another and identify key challenges and opportunities connected to the top forces changing business today. Learn more at www.DellWorld.com or follow #DellWorld on Twitter.
THE DELL #INSPIRE 100
Below is a sampling of the full Dell #Inspire 100 list, which may be seen on the Dell #inspire Facebook page:
- Adam Braun is the Founder and CEO of Pencils of Promise, the nonprofit organization that has broken ground on more than 90 schools around the world and delivered over 3 million educational hours in just over four years.
- Alexis Jones is the Founder of I AM THAT GIRL which aims to be the definitive voice on the intellectual, emotional, and social needs of millennial girls by building an online and offline community devoted to inspiring and empowering girls to discover their innate worth and purpose.
- Ayana Elizabeth Johnson is a marine biologist and the Director of Science and Solutions at the Waitt Foundation. Her goal is to restore the ocean to cornucopic abundance, with a focus on supporting sustainable fishing for the approximately 1 billion people who depend on the ocean for their nutrition and livelihoods.
- Bart Skorupa is co-founder and Executive Director of Groundwork Opportunities who is working to create a world beyond poverty by investing in groundbreaking ideas, empowering local leaders, and engaging communities.
- Blair Palmer is Director of Special Projects at Medic Mobile, who has helped organizations in more than sixteen countries design and implement mobile technology solutions to improve access to healthcare.
- Casey Rotter is Assistant Director of Development and Manager of UNICEF's Next Generation for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, which supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, UNICEF and the U.S. Fund are working toward the day when ZERO children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood.
- Chris Lehmann is the founding principal of the Science Leadership Academy, a progressive science and technology high school that is an inquiry-driven, project-based, laptop school that is considered to be one of the pioneers of the School 2.0 movement nationally and internationally.
- Chrysi Philalithes is the Chief Digital Officer of (RED), an organization founded to engage businesses and consumers in the fight against AIDS. (RED) is at the forefront of using social media to inspire change and is the first non-profit to have reached over 1 million on both Facebook and Twitter. (RED) has raised over $195 million through partnerships with iconic brands, with 100% of this money going to work on the ground in Africa.
- Christy Turlington Burns is a global maternal health advocate and founder of Every Mother Counts, an advocacy and mobilization campaign to increase education and support for maternal mortality reduction globally.
- David Gilboa & Neil Blumenthal are Co-Founders and Co-CEOs of Warby Parker, whose mission is to change the way for-profit companies behave while revolutionizing the eyewear industry. The lifestyle brand sells designer eyewear at a reasonable price while providing a pair to someone in need with every pair sold.
- Edward Norton is an Actor & Co-Founder of Crowdrise, a social good website that gives individuals and organizations the tools to organize grassroots activism campaigns and raise funds for their causes.
- Elizabeth Gore leads innovation and entrepreneurism for the United Nations Foundation and brings campaigns such as Girl Up, Nothing But Nets and Shot@Life to the public to give them opportunities to save lives.
- Dr. Frederic Bertley is the VP of Science & Innovation and has become a dynamic agent of change through a rich array of internationally recognized exhibitions and programs, lectures and discussions themed to illuminate issues in contemporary science, community outreach initiatives particularly targeted to girls and to urban youth, and its series of innovative partnerships in public education.
- Gabby Bernstein is a motivational speaker and is a #1 bestselling author of the books Add More ~ing to Your Life – A Hip Guide to Happiness and Spirit Junkie – A Radical Road to Self-Love and Miracles.
- Jay Silver is the Founder/Director of JoyLabz and Maker Research Scientist for a major technology company. He has put out many creative platforms including Drawdio, Singing Fingers, and MaKey MaKey, collectively in the hands of hundreds of thousands.
- Jessica Jackley is currently a venture partner at the Collaborative Fund and Co-Founder and former Chief Marketing Officer of KIVA, the world's first peer to peer microlending website. KIVA lets users lend as little as $25 to poor entrepreneurs around the world, providing affordable capital for them to start or expand microenterprises.
- Katherine Kennedy is an entrepreneur, philanthropist and television personality with experience in logistical organizing, strategic partnerships, and corporate social responsibility as a means for both bettering community relations and strategic social marketing.
- Krupali Tejura, M.D. is a board certified radiation oncologist practicing in Southern California. Her passion lies in not only treating cancer but in being a patient advocate incorporating social media to give hope and fulfill the dreams of her patients. Via the internet, she channels a powerful form of energy on behalf of patients with cancer — the goodwill and kindness of other people.
- Kyle McCollom is a co-founder at Everly, a beverage company that makes natural drink mixes in an artificial market. He believes entrepreneurship can change the world and is using Everly to make hydration better for people and for the planet.
- Leila C. Janah is the founder and CEO of Samasource, an award-winning social business that connects people living in poverty to microwork — small, computer-based tasks that build skills and generate life-changing income.
- Nia Batts is the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Social Impact for one of the largest media companies in the world. She works with an impact accelerator, to develop and amplify the reach, engagement and impact of cause related initiatives, for their corporate, foundation, and talent partners. She is also a passionate advocate for the City of Detroit.
- Nikhil Goyal is an Author, Motivational Speaker, and Education Advocate at age 17; his articles have appeared in a variety of top news publications. Nikhil has spoken to thousands at conferences and events around the world from Qatar to Spain.
- Paul Farber is completing his doctorate in American Culture from the University of Michigan and one of the authors of This is the Day: The March on Washington (J. Paul Getty Museum, 2013). He is an emerging scholar of the Berlin Wall, Urban Memory and an iconic cable television series known for its focus on social, educational and crime issues in Baltimore.
- Penny Abeywardena leads a successful program for President Clinton’s global forum that convenes leaders to devise and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing problems. Penny is responsible for the integration of girls and women related programming into all of the Clinton Global Initiative’s platforms as well as working with multinational corporations, NGOs, and multilateral institutions to increase investments in gender-focused development initiatives.
- Robyn & Kyle Matthews are Cancer Advocates & Founders of Because Of Ezra who channel their passion for a cure for neuroblastoma and have made their mission to do all they can to ensure no families and kids have to go through their crushing loss and neuroblastoma experience.
- Willa Shalit is the President of MaidenNation, an e-commerce startup that empowers women through ethical fashion, and the Founder & CEO of Fairwinds Trading, a leading importer of handmade fairtrade goods from Rwanda and Haiti.
- Alexis Ohanian is an investor and entrepreneur, best known as the co-founder of social news website reddit. He also runs the social enterprise Breadpig, which publishes popular web comic books like xkcd and Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, and donates its profits to worthy causes.
- Amish Tolia is a Founder & Co-CEO of Apparel Media Group, a digital media company who has made a global solution to help groups find and secure sponsorship from a major brand or local business they love.
- Brit Morin is the founder and CEO of Brit & Co., a lifestyle brand that provides the digital generation with savvy shortcuts for their online and offline lives.
- Carley Roney is the Co-Founder and Chief Content Officer of XO Group Inc., a global media and technology leader devoted to weddings, pregnancy and everything in between. The XO Group family of premium brands began with the #1 wedding brand, The Knot, and has grown to include WeddingChannel.com, The Nest, The Bump, TheBlush.com and Ijie.com.
- Chantel Waterbury is the Founder & CEO of Chloe + Isabel. She created and launched her own socially innovative jewelry brand to connect women through a modern social-shopping experience and is a jewelry expert with over 14 years of experience spanning multiple brands and geographies. She has developed jewelry for almost every major retailer in the United States including Target, Macy’s, Gap, LVMH and Kenneth Cole.
- Dan Schawbel is recognized as a "personal branding guru," is the Managing Partner of Millennial Branding, LLC, a Gen-Y research and management consulting company. He is the author of the #1 international bestselling career book, Me 2.0: 4 Steps to Building Your Future (Kaplan Publishing).
- Emerson Spartz is the 25-year-old CEO of Chicago-based Spartz Media Inc., whose 15 sites draw 160 million page views monthly that is targeted to teens and 20-somethings, with names such as OMG Facts, Six Billion Secrets and Gives Me Hope.
- Eric and Susan Koger are Co-Founders of ModCloth which is built on a foundation of love for vintage and retro clothing. ModCloth.com is an online clothing, accessories, and decor retailer that aims to provide a fun, engaging shopping atmosphere.
- Gina Bianchini is Founder & CEO of Mighty Bell which is a startup aimed at helping you accomplish things in small, incremental steps and show others how to do the same. It essentially allowed you to create step-by-step private guides for anything.
- Hayley Barna & Katia Beauchamp are Co-Founders of Birchbox, a discovery commerce platform for both men and women. Birchbox redefines the retail process by offering consumers a personalized way to discover, learn about, and purchase the best beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products.
- Jeremy Johnson is Co-Founder of 2U, an educational technology company that partners with many of the top schools in the country to build what is being called the first generation of great online education.
- Jessica Herrin is the Founder & CEO of Stella & Dot. She has been part of two successful tech startups out of college, she went to the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where, at the age of 24. She co-founded the now world's leading wedding site, WeddingChannel.com.
- Joah Spearman is the Co-Founder of AvecMode which is a comprehensive production service specializing in pop-up retail events that combine emerging style with the music and entertainment industries.
- Jodie Patterson is the Owner and Creative Director of GEORGIA by Jodie Patterson, a beauty company that offers more than just product. GEORGIA helps women ignite their inner and outer beauty through daily doses of natural beauty care, healthy salon services, inspirational beauty tips and content focused on family, travel, small business, fashion and health.
- Jose Ferreira is the Founder & CEO of Knewton which is a technology company that uses data to continuously personalize online learning content for individual students. Knewton analyzes data about the performance of each student and similar students on the platform, as well as the relevance of the educational content, in order to serve up the best activity for each student at a particular moment in time.
- Justin Stefano & Philippe von Borries are Co-Founders of Refinery29 a NYC-based fashion and shopping site that has a $7 million annual revenue run rate, significantly more than its 1.4 million unique visitors, 300,000 email subscribers, and 20 million monthly page views would likely be able to generate by advertising alone.
- Kevin Conroy Smith is a Chicago-based Entrepreneur and owner of the nationally recognized Kevin Smith Agency, a nationally recognized insurance agency known for its innovation and Social Media work within the insurance industry.
- Leah Busque is the founder and chief executive officer of TaskRabbit, an online marketplace where you can outsource jobs and tasks to fully-vetted people right in your own neighborhood.
- Michelle Lam is the CEO and Co-founder of True&Co., an online shopping destination for everything underneath the dress. By taking a fit-based approach to online bra retail, True&Co. is replacing the uncomfortable fitting room experience with an online fit quiz and risk-free home try-on.
- Mimi Nguyen is the Founding COO of Pencils of Promise and Founder and CEO of That's Foxy, a new social commerce destination to discover and shop fashion trends inspired by the community.
- Rachel Brooks is the Co-Founder and CEO of Citizen Made, which is a product customization software platform for brands and manufacturers. Through Citizen Made, consumers can co-design and order a variety of products visually.
- Sergio Fernandez de Cordova is an internationally recognized entrepreneur, investor & philanthropist working at the intersection of media and leveraging public-private partnerships for social impact. He is co-founder if Innovators Fund, investing in disruptive civic focused ventures, and Chairman of PVBLIC Foundation, which donates millions of dollars worth of unused media space to non-profits each year.
- Scott Gerber is the Founder of the Young Entrepreneur Council (YEC), an invite-only organization comprised of the world's most successful young entrepreneurs. YEC recently launched #StartupLab, which provides aspiring business owners with access to tools, mentorship, community and educational resources that support each stage of their business’s development and growth.
- Tom McLeod is a Partner at Imaginary Feet which is a web and mobile app idea factory whose mission is to imagine, develop, market, and sell mobile and web apps that solve problems experienced in a well-designed and elegant way.
- Aaron James Draplin is a graphic designer, heading up the Draplin Design Co., which is involved in projects related to the Print, Identity, Web Development, Illustration and Gocco Muscle Categories.
- Andrea Pippins is Fly’s sole editor, starting the blog in 2006 as a daily resource to inspire young women to pursue their creative passions.
- David Rubin is the founding partner of David Rubin | Land Collective, a landscape architecture and urban design studio committed to practicing with an emphasis on socially-purposeful design strategies. He is the 2011-2012 recipient of the Rome Prize in Landscape Architecture from the American Academy of Rome.
- Debbie Millman is the President of the Design Group for a major branding consultancy and has worked on the redesign of global brands.
- Erica Domesek is a distinguished design & style expert who founded P.S.-I made this..., an innovative DIY (do it yourself) lifestyle brand.
- Gary Gunn is a New York City-based music producer, film composer and self-taught multi-instrumentalist whose vision is continually sought out by luminaries in film, contemporary art, music, advertising and fashion, for a wide array of award winning projects.
- Grace Bonney is a Brooklyn-based writer who is the founder and editor of Design*Sponge.
- Jesse Williams is a recognizable actor, best known for his role as a doctor on a hit medical network TV show. He is also founder of farWord inc., a production company with work featured in museums, film festivals and classrooms across the nation.
- Jessica Hische is a letterer, illustrator, and self-described “avid internetter” based in San Francisco.
- John Maeda is a leader who integrates technology, design and leadership into a 21st-century synthesis of creativity and innovation. An artist, graphic designer, computer scientist and president of Rhode Island School of Design, he is leading the movement to transform STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) to STEAM by adding Art.
- Kevin Lyons is an Art Director, designer, illustrator and typographer who lives and works in Brooklyn, New York and he often shows internationally and is published world-wide.
- Kristen Bell is an American actress who gained fame and critical praise via a title role on an acclaimed television series. As a philanthropist, she has raised countless amounts of dollars for various charities around the world.
- Linkin Park is an American rock band that uses technology in creative and innovative ways in their music creation process. The award-winning band has sold over 50 million albums worldwide and is celebrating the success of their latest album, “Living Things.”
- Liz Gateley is the Co-owner and Founder of DiGa, a full-service independent production company formed in January 2011. She is best known for her successful run at a top music television network where she served as Vice President of Development and created a game-changing reality show and executive produced its mega spin-offs.
- Michael Mundy is a highly sought after photographer who's editorial work is found in publications around the world. He currently founded the project An Afternoon With…
- Quddus Philippe is a TV personality and producer that is most recognized from his time as a host on major television networks and his new show The Q Side.
- Rachel Roy is an American designer and philanthropist whose clients include an impressive roster of political figures and celebrities.
- Rebecca Minkoff is an industry leader in casual luxury handbags, accessories, apparel, and she is the #1 independent accessories designer in the United States.
- Rebecca Walker is the NY Times bestselling author of the memoirs Black, White and Jewish and Baby Love, and editor of several groundbreaking anthologies including, most recently, Black Cool. She also co-founded the Third Wave Foundation, a non-profit organization aiming to encourage young women to get involved in activism and leadership roles.
- Ross Martin is the executive VP of one of the largest media companies in the world and runs a creative swat team that channels the power of the company’s portfolio in new ways, including consumer insights, product development, design, branding and the development, production and distribution of original content in all media.
- Sarah Lewis is an accomplished author, curator and historian based in New York City.
- Stanley Lumax is the Global Cultural Director at a marketing and advertising powerhouse and is tasked with delivering cultural currency across client business.
- Tia Williams is a beauty editor and is now a full-time author and founder of beauty/style blog, Shake Your Beauty.
- William Yan is a contemporary photographer and founder of WilliamYan.com, a blog that features friends, tastemakers, trendsetters, visionaries and culturally relevant individuals who are changing the world.
- Alex Banayan is, at age 20, an associate at San Francisco-based venture capital firm Alsop Louie Partners and is the author of a highly anticipated business book being released by Crown Publishers (Random House, Inc.), where he is the youngest business author in Crown history.
- Andre Des Rochers is a partner at an entertainment law firm and represents clients from all areas of the motion picture, television, new media, music and publishing industries, including producers, financiers, directors, writers and actors.
- Andrew Pollard is the CEO of POP-Market, an online fashion network. It’s a marketplace that facilitates commerce and simplifies communication between brands and retailers.
- Chelsea Matthews is the co-founder of creatively-driven digital marketing and events agency, (No Subject).
- Dina Fierro is the Managing Director of Social Media at strategic marketing and communication firm, and is a fashion and beauty blogger at Eye4Style.com.
- Giuliana Rancic is a celebrity news anchor for E! News, covers E!’s Live From the Red Carpet events, co-host of E!’s Fashion Police and is the co-founder of FabFitFun, a woman's health, beauty, and fashion site.
- Holly Thomas is the Washington D.C. editor of Refinery 29 and co-founder of Butler & Claypool, a vintage retail and design collective.
- Jen Rubio is a world traveler and the head of social media at Warby Parker.
- Josh Rubin is the founder and Editor in Chief of Cool Hunting, the Creative Director at Largetail and the inventor of Freehands glove.
- Kenji Summers is a social entrepreneur and strategist. He is a Board Member of the Marcus Graham Project and inspires young Americans to get passports, travel, and participate in global culture through his organization, Passport Project.
- Lola Ogunnaike is an American features and entertainment journalist of Nigerian origin. She most recently appeared as the entertainment correspondent on a renowned morning program.
- Marcus Troy is a leading lifestyle blogger and cultural curator focusing on fashion, footwear, travel and gadgets.
- Nicole Lapin has been an anchor for several renowned international media outlets. She also founded and serves as CEO of Nothing But Gold Productions, a multimedia production company focused on creating accessible financial content.
- Paul Brunson has become internationally recognized as one of the most successful matchmakers and relationship coaches.
- Rakia Reynolds is Philly 360′s Fashion Ambassador and owner of Skai Blue Media, a boutique communications agency.
- Sloane Davidson is Senior Vice President of Digital Marketing for a New York-based agency that focuses on marketing to women. She blogs at The Causemopolitan about cause-filled living and how to build giving and philanthropy into your life.
Dell Facebook: #Inspire