ALEXANDRIA, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA), the largest national association representing operators of professionally managed senior living communities and the seniors and families they serve, today announced the launch of its annual ALFA Best of the Best Awards program.
The ALFA Best of the Best Awards recognize those new products, services or programs making significant contributions to advance excellence in senior living, including assisted living, independent living and Alzheimer’s care. The awards program is open to ALFA providers and allied member companies. Companies offering independent living, assisted living and memory care or serving senior living communities that are not members of ALFA may compete by joining ALFA today. Visit www.alfa.org/membership for details.
In 2013, awards and recognition will focus on programs and initiatives advancing excellence by addressing significant topics and trends influencing the future of senior living. Award nominations are available in thirteen topic categories. The categories are:
- Preparing for More Residents with Greater Needs
- Serving as a Resource to Local Health Care Providers
- Equipping Community Staff with Mobile Technology
- Honoring the Life of a Resident Following His or Her Death
- Encouraging New Resident Engagement in the First 90 Days
- Reducing Resident and Staff Injury in the Community
- Supporting Families of Residents During Transitional Times
- Meaningful Resident Programs Creating Purposeful Days
- Creating Greater Return on Investment in Leadership Development
- Going Green, Saving Green: Energy, Recycling and Expense Reduction Strategies
- Hot & Cold: Innovating Lead Management Initiatives
- Turning Around Caregiver Turnover
- A Taste of the Future: The Next Generation Dining Menu
How ALFA Members Can Nominate a Product, Service or Program
ALFA member company representatives may submit nominations by going to www.alfa.org/bestofthebest and completing a questionnaire about its innovative product, service or program. Senior living providers and companies serving the senior living industry may collaborate on nominations or submit separately. All nominations must be submitted through the online questionnaire form and are due by close of business January 11, 2013. Winning nominations will receive recognition at COMMUNITY 2013, the annual ALFA Conference and Expo, May 7-9, 2013 and in Senior Living Executive magazine. Full details about the ALFA 2013 Best of the Best Awards program are available at www.alfa.org/bestofthebest.
Earlier this month, ALFA also announced nominations for the annual ALFA Hero Awards and the ALFA Senior Living Community Leadership Award. Executives serving in senior living are invited to nominate role models serving in senior living communities who are representative of the beliefs and values of the senior living profession. Visit www.alfa.org/awards for complete details.
The Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA) is the largest national association exclusively dedicated to professionally-managed, resident-centered senior living communities and the seniors and families they serve. Since 1990, ALFA has advocated for choice, accessibility, independence, dignity, and quality of life for all seniors. ALFA’s programs promote business and operational excellence through education, research, publications, professional networking and online tools designed to foster innovation and entrepreneurism in the field of senior living. Visit ALFA’s Web site at www.alfa.org.