SUWANEE, Ga.--()--Cortney Novogratz, co-star of the HGTV show “Home by Novogratz,” is known for her interior design savvy. While viewers are often most interested in her eclectic mix of modern design and vintage décor, Novogratz says there is one element that homeowners should not overlook: your home’s comfort. “I consider the selection of the heating and cooling system to be the bones of a home and a major part of the design process,” Novogratz explains. “Stylish interior design and superior indoor comfort are not mutually exclusive.”
“They’re energy efficient and quiet, and they provide us with design flexibility, which is why we’ve not only installed them in our own home, but also have incorporated them into many of our remodeling projects.”
Novogratz, who advises her clients to be actively involved in both the design and construction processes, believes that selecting a superior heating and cooling system is one of the most important decisions they can make. “Homeowners should not restrict themselves to simply picking out cabinets or countertops,” she says. “The choice of a heating and cooling system is as significant, if not more so, than interior design, because it lets you have control over your comfort.”
Novogratz has teamed with Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division, Suwanee, Ga., to help educate homeowners on the importance of getting more involved in the heating and cooling system selection and their overall home comfort. Mitsubishi Electric is America’s No. 1 selling brand of ductless systems, which provide heating and cooling without ductwork.
“Mitsubishi Electric systems just make sense,” she says. “They’re energy efficient and quiet, and they provide us with design flexibility, which is why we’ve not only installed them in our own home, but also have incorporated them into many of our remodeling projects.”
This winter, consider the following unique heating benefits of a ductless system:
- Controlling your home’s appearance: There’s no need to sacrifice design. Mitsubishi Electric indoor units, for example, are offered in a variety of styles so homeowners can choose the perfect look for the space. Plus, the small outdoor units do not take up a lot of space and can be placed on a roof or balcony. “They really blend in,” says Novogratz. “They’re just part of our home.”
- Controlling your room’s space and shape: Because units use minimal or no ductwork, there is no need for drop ceilings or awkward room shapes.
- Controlling the temperature throughout your home: With Mitsubishi Electric’s zoning technology, there is an indoor unit in each room that functions as a separate zone with individual easy-to-use climate control. “With the cold winters we have in New York — and all the daylight we have in our Manhattan home — this system gives us the ability to adjust the heat from room to room depending upon the amount of sun and the room temperature preferences of my kids. It gives us ultimate control over our own space,” says Novogratz.
- Controlling your energy bills: Advanced technology and smart controls mean the systems run efficiently, and homeowners can easily adjust the temperature in different rooms for optimal energy savings.
- Controlling the air your family breathes: Mitsubishi Electric systems circulate room air effectively and have multiple allergen filters to greatly improve the home’s indoor air quality.
Best of all, these systems keep homes warm and comfortable, even in winter climates, while still operating efficiently. Whether you’re planning a home remodel, or sprucing up a basement or guest house for holiday visitors, Mitsubishi Electric provides the perfect solution to make your home your comfort zone.
About Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division
The HVAC Division of Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. is headquartered in Suwanee, Ga. We are a leading marketer of Mitsubishi Electric intelligent air-conditioning and heating technology in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Bermuda. In 1982, we introduced our state-of-the-art, split-ductless air conditioners and heat pumps in North America. We expanded our product line with variable refrigerant flow (VRF) zoning heat pump systems using INVERTER technology to offer simultaneous cooling and heating capabilities. We also offer compressors and a full line of air-conditioning accessories. Mitsubishi Electric HVAC products have won numerous awards for innovation and excellence, including the 2012 BuildingGreen Top-10 Products Award for split-ductless and VRF systems and the 2011 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award for the Dedicated Outdoor Air System. For more information, visit www.mehvac.com or follow Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
About Cortney Novogratz
Leading NYC interior designer, author and star of HGTV’s “Home by Novogratz,” Cortney Novogratz is a mother of seven and half of the husband-and-wife design team The Novogratz. Together, Cortney and husband Robert wear all the hats in developing and executing their striking aesthetic. The couple creates sumptuous, well-designed spaces from wrecks and empty lots, crafting distinctive architectural details throughout, forging exclusive techniques and finishes, and then decorating each room with rare collectibles (both high and low). Cortney and Robert’s first book, “Downtown Chic,” was published in 2009 and has become a best-seller worldwide. Their second book, “Home By Novogratz,” was published in October. Prior to HGTV’s “Home by Novogratz,” Cortney and her family starred in the hit Bravo show “9 by Design.” The Novogratz’s collection for CB2 debuted in fall of 2012.