TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leading Edge Group, the foremost international provider of continuous improvement business processes announced several major contract awards for the fourth quarter worth over $350,000 combined in their Canadian territories. Leading Edge Group made the announcement at an official Irish trade mission luncheon in Toronto last week, organized by Enterprise Ireland and led by the Irish Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton TD. The Irish-based company, Leading Edge Group, expanded into Canada five years ago and has experienced a successful and rapid roll-out of ‘Lean’ facilitation and continuous improvement consultancy and training into various market sectors here.
Details of five of the major contracts are as follows;
- Leading Edge Group (www.leadingedgegroup.com) is a strategic partner of Canada’s largest fast food retailer - Tim Hortons Incorporated, in the development of internal capacity through the provision of Lean techniques. The relationship has expanded this year as the Leading Edge Group is now providing consulting to develop a framework for continuous improvement across the organization.
- The Canadian Association of Pathologists now certifies Leading Edge Group’s Lean programs for its members and fellows of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada. The program is now an accredited self-assessment program as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Association of Pathologists.
- The philosophy of Lean originated at Toyota, and Leading Edge Group is proud to announce that it has commenced delivering Lean support to Toyota dealerships in Quebec and Ontario.
- Leading Edge Group continues to expand its support services for Northern Health Authority in British Columbia. They recently commenced a consulting project aimed at standardizing and improving processes across eight hospital pharmacies in the region.
- Leading Edge Group is now developing Lean capacity within the Ministry of Health in Alberta through the delivery of Lean training to employees.
VP of North American Operations, John Whelton commented: “These new initiatives demonstrate our ever increasing scope of services across a variety of sectors and have helped copper-fasten our position as a market leader in delivering Lean support and process efficiencies to our multiple client base. We are proud to expand our relationship with a Canadian household name such as Tim Hortons and our initiatives with the Canadian Association of Pathologists, Northern Health Authority and the Ministry of Health in Alberta are truly exciting in increasing our level of support and services along the wider healthcare continuum. Finally, we are delighted to bring Lean support to Toyota dealerships in Canada. Given the origins of Lean, it is fantastic to bridge the link between the factory floor and retail outlets and we look forward to providing ongoing support within these dealerships and others in Canada.”