MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NCP engineering today announced the NCP Secure Enterprise VPN Server now integrates with Apple’s iOS to perform certificate-based authentication to control network access of iPhones and iPads.
In this era of Bring-Your-Own-Device, users increasingly prefer to access the company network via various devices, often applying a standard username and password across them all. With its iOS secure authentication, NCP enables IT administrators to use certificates to control assignment rights on these end devices – without interfering with the user-determined username and passwords.
- Apple’s mobile device management (MDM) distributes various certificates to all authorized iOS devices. When users establish VPN tunnels from their devices, the NCP Secure Enterprise VPN Server uses these certificates to determine whether the user is accessing the network via a notebook, iPad or iPhone and subsequently assigns centrally-defined rights.
- This enables network administrators to, for example, allow a Windows or Mac OS X notebook full access rights, while limiting iOS devices to partial access to the central network. Users are unable to decipher or manipulate the certificates, significantly reducing the risk of certifications being duplicated for unauthorized devices.
- With its iOS compatibility, NCP enables end users and enterprises to leverage the latest devices and operating systems, while maintaining secure remote access with its easy-to-use yet powerful VPN software. NCP's hybrid Secure Enterprise VPN Server is also available for Windows and Linux in 32 and 64 bit versions and supports all VPN technologies.
- For more information about NCP engineering and its centrally managed enterprise VPN solution, visit www.ncp-e.com.
- Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, and on LinkedIn, Twitter or YouTube.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP’s award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company’s products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.
NCP engineering, VPN, iOS, Certificates, secure authentication, BYOD, iPad, iPhone, Apple, iPad, IPhone, IPsec, NCP Secure VPN Server, NCP Secure VPN Gateway, NCP Secure Enterprise Solution.