ST. LOUIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NorseCorp, the provider of live cyber risk intelligence and solutions for businesses to reduce eCommerce fraud and secure their high-value data, today announced the launch of its flagship cloud security service, IPViking™. IPViking is the first solution to harness Big Data analytics of live Internet traffic to deliver contextually-aware and actionable cyber risk intelligence, a missing layer in today’s security technology stack that levels the playing field for developers and enterprises in their fight against cyber crime, hacking, and ecommerce fraud.
In recent years the security landscape has changed dramatically. Companies are now spending more money on security solutions than ever, while breaches and data losses continue to rise. Meanwhile the total cost of these breaches has also increased. A recent study of U.S. companies sponsored by Hewlett Packard and conducted by the Ponemon Institute indicates that the cost and frequency of cybercrime have both continued to rise for the third straight year, with the occurrence of cyber attacks more than doubling over a three-year period and the financial impact increasing by nearly 40 percent. The study also revealed a 42 percent increase in the number of cyber attacks, with organizations experiencing an average of 102 successful attacks per week, compared to 72 attacks per week in 2011 and 50 attacks per week in 2010.
“Today’s security solutions lack the dedicated computing power to process the massive volume of cyber threats, something that hackers have exploited for years,” said Tommy Stiansen, CTO at Norse. “Norse developed a unique system combined of global infrastructure hardware and powerful proprietary software to acquire live threat data, delivering to customers in milliseconds as actionable intelligence. Because of Big Data tools, GPU computational clusters and IPViking, companies can secure their infrastructure, network transactions and applications more effectively than ever.”
To address this challenging security landscape, Norse created IPViking, a SaaS technology and service that reduces strain on existing reactive security solutions, while increasing their effectiveness by providing live intelligence that is context-aware and adaptive to the continually changing nature of the Internet threat landscape.
IPViking does this in three ways:
- True Big Data Analytics – The ability to continuously collect and analyze vast amounts of live Internet traffic and turn it into actionable insight and cyber risk intelligence supported by over 1,500 criterion
- Internet-Scaled Global Infrastructure – A purpose-built ultra fast private cloud infrastructure that delivers intelligence to businesses in milliseconds before a potential network connection can become an attack, massively scalable to meet the demands of enterprises, datacenters, managed security providers, public and private cloud providers, and ISPs.
- Flexible RESTful and JSON APIs – IPViking enables enterprises and developers to easily add live context-aware and adaptive security intelligence to any website, app, or device via flexible APIs that support virtually all programming languages.
“To enable faster and more-accurate assessments of whether a given action should be allowed or denied, we must incorporate more real-time context information at the time a security decision is made,” said Neil MacDonald, “Using 'Big Data' to Address the Next Generation of Information Security Problems,” Gartner Symposium/ITxpo, October 21, 2012. “This is the heart of adaptive and context-aware security.”
As networking and security evolve toward new software defined architectures, IPViking gives enterprises and networking vendors the ability and flexibility to make intelligent risk weighted decisions and policy enforcement at the hardware, software, virtual machine, and cloud level via integration through new emerging standards such as OpenFlow.
”While security solution providers have developed increasingly complex solutions to help companies defend against today’s attacks and breaches, they've never been more vulnerable, said Sam Glines, Norse CEO. “The massive increase in the possible attack vectors resulting from the broadening of the online corporate footprint and the increasing costs of managing today’s complex security solution stack have placed unprecedented demands on CISOs and IT security staff. IPViking’s adaptive defense capabilities mitigate risks caused by today’s highly sophisticated attacks, as well as vacant or unenforced policies unpatched servers and software, and human error by providing millisecond awareness of harmful inbound traffic that today’s reactive security solutions miss.”
IPViking currently powers two NorseCorp solutions, with new solutions and partner integrations launching in Q1 of 2013:
- nGate™– a secure payment gateway, integrated with IPViking to eliminate online ecommerce fraud.
- IPVenger™ – a real-time security plug-in for CMS platforms like WordPress™, Drupal™, and Joomla™, that protects sites from questionable Internet traffic and blocks comment spam, malware and botnets by assessing the risk level of every IP address attempting to access the site and blocks those deemed malicious or high risk by companies.
NorseCorp is a provider of live cyber risk intelligence and solutions that enable enterprises to reduce ecommerce fraud and secure their business. Norse’s patent-pending IPViking technology and cloud-based solutions provide a flexible, cost effective way for enterprises and developers to add context aware adaptive security to websites, ecommerce systems, applications, network connected devices, and enterprise networks. For more information about NorseCorp and IPViking, please visit www.norse-corp.com. Developers should visit developer.ipviking.com to obtain an evaluation API key and documentation.