GERMANTOWN, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Earth NetworksSM, the owner of WeatherBug® and the operator of the largest weather monitoring, lightning detection and climate observation networks, announces the debut of its WeatherBug mobile app for Nook by Barnes & Noble. With WeatherBug for Nook, users can tap into the world’s largest weather network from 35,000 locations, including real-time weather data from 10,000 neighborhood-level, professional-grade sensors available only to WeatherBug users.
WeatherBug for Nook is the newest addition to the company’s broad app portfolio. WeatherBug apps are available across a variety of platforms, providing millions with vital weather information, forecasts and alerts while at home, at the office and on the go. WeatherBug apps are available for mobile phones and tablets on Android, iOS, Windows Phone and the new Windows 8. For computer users, the WeatherBug website and popular desktop app provide up-to-the-minute weather information and alerts.
Nook Tablet users can turn to WeatherBug for essential weather updates, forecasts and severe weather warnings:
- Neighborhood-level Forecasts: No one lives at the airport. That’s why WeatherBug exclusively provides real-time weather information for where you live and work from 10,000 local stations. Get detailed real-time weather data in addition to hourly and extended forecast information for your own neighborhood and your favorite locations.
- Weather Warnings: Know Before™ when severe weather threatens. WeatherBug delivers alerts from the National Weather Service (NWS) and Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) exclusive to Earth Networks that on average provide significantly faster warning times when minutes matter. Plus, share severe weather warnings with loved ones via the app’s WeatherBuzz feature.
- Live Cameras: Check the weather outside without leaving your sofa. WeatherBug lets you keep an eye on conditions at home and away with live shots from cameras in your community and from locations – including beaches and stadiums – throughout the exclusive WeatherBug Network.
- Pollen Update: Allergies are no match for WeatherBug. Be prepared and check allergens before you step outside with one-touch access to the daily pollen count and conditions in your region and nationwide.
- National Forecast: Why wait for the weather? With WeatherBug for Nook, the daily national forecast is on-demand and at your fingertips when you need it.
WeatherBug is providing its ad-free Elite version for Nook for $2.99 online.
To view screen shots, visit http://www.earthnetworks.com/MediaCenter/ImageGalleries
As a provider of comprehensive atmospheric data for nearly 20 years, Earth Networks is Taking the Pulse of the Planet with the world’s largest weather observation, lightning detection, and greenhouse gas monitoring networks and is establishing a network for collecting data within the planetary boundary layer. The company’s popular WeatherBug website, desktop application and mobile apps for major smartphone platforms provide real-time neighborhood-level weather and advanced severe weather alerts to millions of consumers. Enterprise solutions from Earth Networks enable organizations and markets, including energy and utilities, agriculture, schools, sports and recreation, emergency operations and government entities, to safeguard lives, prepare for weather and climate events and improve business operations. Founded in 1993, Earth Networks (www.earthnetworks.com) is headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area with additional locations in Mountain View, Calif.; New York, NY; Milan, Italy and a local presence in 50 countries worldwide.