DALLAS--(Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative, founded by EFO Holdings, L.P. leader Bill Esping, announced today that it is proud of its accomplishments in 2012 and looking forward to 2013.)--The
“This year we made some important first steps”
"No matter who is elected, we must be able to provide legal access and education to every citizen," said representatives from the Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative.
Indeed, the initiative, launched by Dallas entrepreneur and philanthropist Bill Esping in the summer of 2012, is happy to be able to look back at its accomplishments throughout the year.
"This year we made some important first steps," said Mr. Esping. "The Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative identified seven organizations in Dallas and throughout the state of Texas that are most effective at providing legal services. We made important initial seed contributions that I hope will provide a foundation for future support."
Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative
Here is a quick profile of some of the organizations that were supported by Bill Esping LFSI:
- Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas – LANWT provides free legal services to low income residents in 114 Texas Counties in North and West Texas. Areas of practice include Family, Housing, Elderly, Consumer Fraud, Public Benefits, Education, Probate, Health, and other important areas.
- Lone Star Legal Aid – Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative also supports Lone Star Legal Aid. LSLA, which has roots going to 1948, is the result of a merger between East Texas Legal Services, Gulf Coast Legal Foundation, and Legal Aid of Central Texas. It is the fourth largest legal aid organization in the United States. The Lone Star Legal Aid service area – over 63,000 square miles – contains over 1.5 million income-eligible residents.
- Human Rights Initiative of North Texas – Bill Esping LFSI also supports HRI. HRI was founded in 2000 by Serena Simmons Connelly and Betsy Healy, to bridge the service gap in the refugee and immigration fields. Over the past ten years, HRI has expanded from political asylum cases to other situations such as human trafficking, victims of violent crimes, and parentless children in need of legal services.
- Texas Access to Justice Foundation – TAJF is the leading funding source for legal aid in Texas. It is an important connector between legal aid organizations such as Veterans’ Legal Services, Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Lone Star Legal Aid (also supported by the Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative), Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program, and other organizations.
- Texas Legal Services Center – TLSC, based in Austin, provides education and referrals for eligible people seeking legal services. TLSC programs include Family, Health, Lawyer Referral, Pension Rights, Elder Fraud and Exploitation, and VICARS. Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative donated $1,500 to TLSC in 2012.
- Disability Rights Texas and Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse – Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative also donated $1,500 each to Disability Rights Texas and Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse in 2012.
About Bill Esping
William (Bill) Esping is a Dallas entrepreneur and philanthropist, and leader of EFO Holdings, L.P. He has held prominent positions at Cypress Lending Group, Ltd, the Place at Perry’s restaurant, Palm Beach Tan, the Laser Spine Institute, and other companies. He contributes to multiple Dallas charities, including the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center, KIPP Truth Academy, the Dallas Arboretum, and The Arts Community Alliance. In addition to Bill Esping Lawsuit and Fraud Support Initiative, he is on the board of the Esping Family Foundation and the PMC Esping Foundation.