Yale MBA/CEO of Leafly.com
“Like Yelp for Medical Cannabis Patients”
Brendan Kennedy, CEO, Leafly – Start-up boasts 1.5 million visitors per month in $1.7 billion industry
- Effect of I-502 (WA) and Amendment 64 (CO) passage on medical cannabis industry
- Needs of medical cannabis patients
- State of national cannabis legalization
- Business opportunities in medical cannabis industry
Former Silicon Valley banker/now Leafly CEO offers business perspective on medical cannabis industry; needs of medical marijuana patients seeking information about treatment options; how state legalization initiatives affect medical marijuana industry; legal status of industry and its effect on patients; need for professionalization of industry. Kennedy has visited hundreds of dispensaries.
- Seventeen states and the District of Columbia have approved the use of medical cannabis.
- Massachusetts and Arkansas have medical cannabis on the ballot.
- Washington, Colorado and Oregon have full legalization, taxation and regulation measures on the ballot.
Kennedy’s media interview experience includes Daily Beast, Geekwire, TechCrunch, KUOW-FM (NPR affiliate), KNTV (NBC affiliate), DVICE, East Bay Express
Leafly serves patients -- a trusted resource where patients can learn about strains and research dispensaries. Leafly has advertising clients in eight states.
Leafly offers assistance to patients by providing information on:
- Which cannabis varieties best address patients’ medical conditions
- Locations and descriptions of local dispensaries and their offerings
- 50,000 patient-generated reviews of more than 500 cannabis strains
- 10,000 patient reviews of 2,600 dispensaries
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50465110&lang=en