NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amazing markdowns, unbeatable deals and limited-time offers will abound at Macy’s on Black Friday! Customers will find incredible sales in every department starting at 12 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 23 (the midnight of Thanksgiving night) in Macy’s stores across the country. A new Black Friday feature on Macy’s mobile app will help customers browse and shop for specials specific to their local store. In addition, an exclusive new collection from MAC Cosmetics will be previewed for a limited time. From luxurious cashmere and fun remote control electronics to exclusive fragrances and essential kitchen appliances, Macy’s will offer savings on hundreds of items for those looking to get a head start on their holiday shopping. With the best value all day at more than 800 convenient locations nationwide, and around the clock on macys.com via the web or your mobile device, shoppers will find great deals on the hottest gifts of the season during this one-day shopping extravaganza. In addition to great shopping, with any men’s or women’s fragrance purchase of $75 or more, Macy’s will donate $2 to Make-A-Wish, up to $100,000.
“Black Friday is a day dedicated to finding the best deals,” said Peter Sachse, Macy’s chief stores officer. “For the first time last year, Macy’s stores nationwide opened at midnight and our customers loved getting a head start on their holiday shopping. Based on their enthusiastic response, we plan to repeat it again this year. We’ve also created a new tool to help customers plan their shopping strategy with an enhancement to Macy's mobile app that will identify and locate specials throughout each store on Black Friday.”
Macy’s offers a sneak peek at 15 of this season’s Black Friday specials:
- $9.99 - $19.99 Remote Control Electronics
- Get a free pair of high-definition headphones with any $75 or more men’s or women’s fragrance purchase and Macy’s will donate $2 to Make-A-Wish, up to $100,000
- $79.99 Wool Coats for Her from Kenneth Cole, Nine West and Nautica
- $34.99 Juniors Wool Coats from Hydraulic, Pink Envelope, Jou Jou and more
- Free sweater when you purchase jeans from American Rag for Juniors
- $16.99 Kids Puffer Jacket for Girls 2-16 and Boys 2-20 from London Fog, Protection System and more
- $19.99 Rampage Boots
- $39.99 Boots for Her from Easy Spirit, Aerosoles, G by GUESS, White Mountain, Madden Girl, Style & Co. and Karen Scott
- $49.99 Charter Club Crewneck Cashmere for Her
- $39.99 1/4 ct. t.w. Diamond Hoops in Sterling Silver, 18k Gold Over Sterling Silver or Black Diamond in Sterling Silver by Victoria Townsend
- $199 1/2 ct. t.w. Diamond Studs in 14k White Gold
- $99.99 Levi's Leather Jackets for Him or Her
- 40 Percent Off All Regular-priced Coffee Makers, Tea Kettles and Espresso Makers
- $9.99 After $10 Rebate, $19.99 Your Choice Kitchen Electrics including Panini Maker, Slow Cooker, Hot Air Popcorn Maker, Deep Fryer and Quesadilla Maker and more
- $49.99 Tag Fairfield 5-piece Luggage Set
Macy’s Mobile App – Black Friday Feature
New this year, an iOS-only Black Friday enhancement to Macy’s official mobile app will offer customers a digital tool to help plan their shopping strategy in advance. Beginning Nov. 15, Macy’s customers will be able to view Black Friday specials on their mobile device, create personal shopping lists they can edit and share with friends, and receive push notifications that will offer details on previously unadvertised specials. In addition, the new Black Friday feature on Macy’s mobile app will allow customers to browse Black Friday specials specific to each Macy’s, helping them navigate their local store by sending the department name and floor for each special by store location. This enhancement will make Black Friday more productive for Macy’s customers by allowing them to create a shopping strategy before setting foot in the store. The new Black Friday feature, created through a partnership with eBay Inc., will be available for iOS devices and can be used by downloading the Macy’s App at the Apple App store.
MAC at Midnight
In addition to great Macy’s specials and technology that help customers navigate Black Friday deals, MAC Cosmetics will exclusively preview its new “Taste Temptation” collection at Macy’s MAC Cosmetics counters from midnight until 4 a.m. on Black Friday. Customers can shop the collection and have a MAC artist bring out their nocturnal instincts by creating a one-of-a-kind “Taste Temptation” makeup look. Following this exclusive preview at Macy’s, the collection will not be available until Dec. 13.
For more on Macy’s Black Friday event, including all product images, please visit magicbulletmedia.com/MNR/MacysHoliday2012. For Macy’s media materials, including images and contacts, visit our online pressroom at macys.com/pressroom.
Macy’s, the largest retail brand of Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at more than 800 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. Macy’s stores and macys.com offer distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy’s is known for such epic events as Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Building on a 150-year tradition, Macy’s helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities that make a difference in the lives of our customers.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50458662&lang=en