SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trulia, a leading online marketplace for homebuyers, sellers, renters and real estate professionals, today launched a custom real estate app for Windows 8, just in time for all the new Windows 8 devices that consumers will get during this holiday season. The app titled “Trulia Real Estate – Homes for Sale & Apartments for Rent,” is designed to help everyone find the perfect home, with a gallery of photos that highlights houses for sale and rent, along with new listings as they hit the marketplace.
“Trulia prides itself on releasing products on some of the biggest platforms around,” said Lee Clancy, Trulia’s VP of Consumer Products. “We’re honored to be a part of Windows 8 and to launch an app that everyone can use to personalize their real estate search and get the inside scoop on listings that match their needs.”
“We couldn’t be more thrilled to include Trulia’s highly visual app for Windows 8 devices in the Windows Store,” said John Richards, senior director of Windows App Marketing for Microsoft Corp. “Searching for a house can be a daunting process, but with Trulia’s app anyone can easily find a place to live while on-the-go or by accessing it on their PC.”
Through Trulia’s Windows Store app, users can pin their favorite home within the app, and get notified via email if a price drops or a new home pops up that matches their search criteria. Key features include:
- The App Hub: Users can check out nearby homes for sale or rent, new listings that come on the marketplace, and properties with price drops
- Map View: People can see homes for sale, open houses, and apartments for rent plotted on a map
- Custom Searches: Add search criteria including price, neighborhood, number of beds, and more
- Photo Galleries: Scroll through HD photos of homes to get an idea of what it looks like
- Consumable Info: Get helpful property info and home facts in a simple-to-use format
- Updates: Users can follow their favorite homes and receive email notifications when the status changes
- Anytime Access: Log in to see saved searches and homes across a variety of devices
- Connect with Agents: Quickly contact relevant real estate agents to see houses or ask questions
“Trulia Real Estate – Homes for Sale & Apartments for Rent” for Windows 8 is the first app for Windows 8 designed by Trulia. For more information or to download the app, visit the Windows Store.
About Trulia, Inc.
Trulia (NYSE: TRLA) gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, crime, commute times and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile real estate apps. Trulia is headquartered in downtown San Francisco. Trulia is a registered trademark of Trulia, Inc.