BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. (Nasdaq: PSUN) a leading specialty retailer of California lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, is using Demandware’s Multichannel Commerce Solution, powered by the Demandware Commerce platform, to deliver a unified shopping experience across web, mobile, tablet and brick-and-mortar stores.
Pacific Sunwear is one of the top names in teen fashion, with more than 700 stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico. With a consumer base of teens and young adults that live much of their lives through digital channels, it’s critical that Pacific Sunwear be able to keep pace with the latest consumer innovations and provide a multichannel experience to its always-connected shoppers. For this reason, Pacific Sunwear replaced its legacy platform with cloud-based Demandware Commerce platform.
“With technology continually evolving, we need a platform that is easily extendable and enables us to quickly and cost-effectively adapt to serve our demographic across various channels and devices,” said Mondy Beller, vice president of ecommerce for Pacific Sunwear. “We were impressed by Demandware’s cloud-based model that provides operational efficiencies and frees us up to focus on the consumer experience, along with an open environment that allows us to drive innovation.”
As part of its strategy to extend the consumer shopping experience, Pacific Sunwear has integrated web and mobile into its stores. If a product is not available in a store, sales associates help consumers make purchases via tablets, with shipping included at no cost.
With Demandware, Pacific Sunwear is now benefiting from:
- A central platform for managing multiple consumer touch points and a seamless brand experience regardless of channel
- Pre-built integrations available through the Demandware LINK Marketplace that enable the rapid and cost-effective deployment of innovative complementary technologies, such as social sign in and product reviews
- An online community to collaborate and exchange ideas with partners, developers, employees, and other clients
- Personalization capabilities for creating unique interactions with relevant product and content views based on gender, location and interests
- A proven, world-class operating environment that enables Pacific Sunwear to focus on growing its business rather than managing and supporting costly and cumbersome infrastructure
“Pacific Sunwear is a forward-looking brand that is committed to the development of innovative experiences for its customer base. With Demandware, Pacific Sunwear now has a platform that is open and extendable, and allows it to keep pace with its web-centric consumers across channels and devices. We’re very excited to be working with Pacific Sunwear and look forward to further supporting their growth initiatives,” said Jamus Driscoll, senior VP of marketing for Demandware.
About Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc.
Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, "PacSun" or the "Company") is a leading specialty retailer rooted in the action sports, fashion and music influences of the California lifestyle. The Company sells a combination of branded and proprietary casual apparel, accessories and footwear designed to appeal to teens and young adults. As of July 28, 2012, the Company operates 727 stores in all 50 states and Puerto Rico. PacSun's website address is www.pacsun.com.
Demandware is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call +1-888-553-9216 or email email@example.com.
Demandware is a registered trademark of Demandware, Inc.
Connect With Us:
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/demandware
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/demandware
- Demandware Blog - http://blog.demandware.com/
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50448392&lang=en