SAINT PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Linda Berglin, former Minnesota State Senator, and Krista Kay Boston, JD, were named new members of the Portico Healthnet Board of Directors.
“We are fortunate to have the expertise both Linda and Krista offer,” said Deb Holmgren, Portico President. “Individuals are facing new health care challenges, causing many of them to fall through the cracks of our health care system. We believe Portico serves as an important player in Minnesota working to make coverage and care more accessible. The experience that Linda and Krista bring to our efforts will be invaluable.”
Berglin currently is Public Policy Manager for Hennepin County. Prior to that, she served in the Minnesota Senate for 30 years, where she chaired several legislative committees. Before that, she served as a Minnesota state representative for seven years and was assistant majority leader.
Boston is Director of Consumer Assistance Programs for the State of Minnesota Board on Aging, Department of Human Services, Aging and Adult Services Division. She also is an adjunct community faculty member at Metropolitan State University in human services, staff training and development. She previously was a strategic business and policy analyst for First Call Minnesota and held several other state of Minnesota positions, including work with the State Auditor’s Office.
In addition to adding the new board members, Portico announced the following staff changes:
- Rob Larson joined Portico as Vice President of Development and Communications. He has had 40 years of experience in fundraising, communications and nonprofit administration, most recently as Director of Development at Metropolitan State University.
- Bob Hinschberger has been promoted to Vice President of Finance. Hinschberger has been with Portico for nine years serving as Finance Director.
- Stephanie Stull was promoted to Manager of Care Management Services from Care Management Supervisor. Before joining Portico in 2008, Stull, a licensed social worker, worked at the Health Care Access Office of the Lake Superior Community Health Center in Superior, Wis., and at Tasks Unlimited in Minneapolis.
- Leigh Grauman was named Manager of Outreach Programs, serving nearly 14,000 constituents who require health access services provided by Portico. She joined Portico in 2009 as a Community Health Worker and is a licensed social worker. Prior to that, she worked at Neighborhood House as a Case Manager.
- Jen Kowalsky was promoted to Health Access Line Coordinator, from Community Health Worker. Kowalsky joined Portico in 2006 as health educator. She will coordinate staff activities for Portico’s Health Access Line as well as schedule outreach staff assignments and work with other organizations on referral partnerships and collaborative projects.
About Portico Healthnet
Portico Healthnet, created in 1995, is a nonprofit health and human services organization helping uninsured Minnesotans access affordable health care coverage and services. It offers outreach programs, personalized application and enrollment assistance for public programs and a unique model of coverage and care management. Serving uninsured, low-income residents in Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey and Washington counties, Portico connects individuals and families to the resources they need to manage their health more effectively.