DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ff5jwp/healthcare) has announced the addition of GlobalData's new report "Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Taiwan" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Healthcare, Regulatory and Reimbursement Landscape - Taiwan”
Taiwan's Healthcare Market Boosted by Aging Population
Although a challenge for the national government, a growing aging population combined with the country's universal healthcare system means that Taiwan's healthcare market can expect to expand in the future, says the latest report by industry experts.
According to this study, Taiwan's pharmaceutical industry is predicted to climb from a $3.8 billion valuation in 2011 to $4.8 billion by 2020, while the medical devices industry is expected to reach $3 billion by the end of the decade from a 2011 valuation of $1.9 billion.
The authors's report states that the country's aging population will be an important factor in driving this growth, with just under 11% of Taiwan's residents above the age of 65-years-old last year. Taiwan's population increased slightly between 2005 and 2010, from 22.8 million to 23.2 million, but this growth was mainly down to a longer national life expectancy as the birth rate fell from 9.1 per 1,000 population in 2005 to 7.2 per 1,000 population in 2010.
Taiwan's over-65 population will expand still further, states The authors, accounting for 13% of the country's people by 2020. Correspondingly, Taiwan's disease burden is forecast to increase, placing greater strain on the National Health Insurance (NHI) system and its commitment to universal healthcare. According to Taiwan's Department of Health (DoH), healthcare expenditure as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will climb from 6.6% in 2011 to 7.2% by 2020.
However, despite Taiwan's compulsory insurance policy, out-of-pocket expenditure in the country is high, representing 36.4% of total health spending in 2010.
This report identifies the key trends in the Taiwan healthcare market and provides insights into the demographic, regulatory and reimbursement landscape and healthcare infrastructure.
This report was built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis conducted by The authors's team of industry experts.
- Overview of Taiwan's pharmaceutical and medical device markets, including size, segmentation and key drivers and barriers
- Profiles and SWOT analyses of the major players in the pharmaceutical and medical device markets
- Insightful review of the reimbursement and regulatory landscape, comprising details of the healthcare reimbursement process, regulatory agencies and approval processes for new drugs and medical devices
- Detailed analysis of Taiwan's political and economic environment, including economic indicators, demographics, healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure
- An overview of the opportunities for and challenges to growth in the healthcare market
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Taiwan's healthcare market
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, reimbursement and regulatory policies, pharmaceutical and medical device market segments and companies likely to impact the healthcare market in the future
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and analyzing the performance of various competitors
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the most opportunities for consolidation, investment and strategic partnerships
- Identify, understand and capitalize on the opportunities and challenges in Taiwan's healthcare market
Key Topics Covered
1 List of Tables and Figures
2.1 Report Guidance
3 Overview of Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices Market
3.1 Pharmaceutical Market
3.2 Medical Device Market
4 Market Access
4.1 Reimbursement and Payer Landscape
4.2 Regulatory Landscape
5 Country Analysis
5.1 Political Environment
5.2 Economic Landscape
5.3 Economic Indicators
5.5 Healthcare Infrastructure
5.6 Healthcare Expenditure
5.7 Trade Associations
5.8 Trade Fairs
6 Opportunities and Challenges
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ff5jwp/healthcare