SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ACD Systems International Inc. today announced two photo editing and management products which provide professional and advanced amateur photographers and enthusiasts with a complete set of tools to perfect images, stay organized and save time. Both ACDSee Pro 6 and ACDSee 15 incorporate the company’s patented technology and user-focused design which have made ACDSee the product of choice for over 50 million users worldwide.
ACDSee Pro 6 and ACDSee 15 allow photographers to carry out digital asset management and all the essential tasks of their photography workflow, from import to final presentation, in one complete solution.
“Our new features allow photographers to easily manage and create stunning images,” said Doug Vanderkerkhove, Founder and CEO of ACD Systems. “With the edit brush, noticeable speed improvements, and industry-leading development tools, our latest products deliver incredible value and promise a unique photography experience.”
New features in ACDSee Pro 6 and ACDSee 15 include:
- Brush on edits — Quickly brush on any editing effect or adjustment to a specific area of a photo, complete with size and feathering controls. Correct exposure, change the color, adjust details, or add a special effect.
- Hierarchical keywords — Create unlimited keyword hierarchies that span from general to very specific. Assign a keyword to an image with a check of a box and it automatically gets added to any higher keyword levels. Display all of the files assigned to a keyword with one click.
- Burn to Blu-Ray — Easily archive images to a Blu-Ray disc directly from ACDSee.
- Smart Blur — Apply the new Smart Blur filter as a creative editing effect or to reduce the noise in an image. Smooth out the grain and noise patterns between edges while still retaining sharpness and important details.
- Clarity tool — Add extra definition or soften a shot. The Clarity editing tool targets the mid-tones of photos, without affecting the highlights or shadow areas.
- Improved noise reduction — Rescue high ISO photos with improved noise reduction controls for smoother and more natural results, while preserving as much edge detail as possible.
ACDSee Pro 6 offers additional workflow and development features to meet the demands of professional photographers:
- Native 64-bit support — High resolution images require high amounts of handling power. Native 64-bit support on Windows operating systems allows users to speed through their image processing and workflow tasks.
- Non-destructive adjustment brush — Make non-destructive edits to select areas of images using a versatile brush. Subtly or dramatically correct exposure, add clarity, boost vibrance and more.
- New processing tools — Get a dreamy effect with Soft Focus, use Cross Process to add a surreal, retro look, and non-destructively reduce red-eye. Draw attention to a cropped portion of an image with Post-Crop Vignetting, complete with feathering, radius and roundness controls.
- Improved color management — Reworked from the ground up, ACDSee Pro 6's color management system resolves color matching issues that can occur between different devices with much more accurate color matching and higher quality results. Multi-monitor support is also now included.
- Improved sharpening — The new Detail slider adds control over the sharpening process by feathering or softening the sharpening halos.
- Black and white mode — Take monochrome images to a new level of creativity with the dedicated black and white mode. Make high-quality non-destructive hue-based brightness adjustments and experiment with saturation-based tinting that provides the ability to add a specific hue back to a black and white image.
- Advanced color improvements — Adjust individual or overall color in images with improved Advanced Color tools, built on a higher quality algorithm that uses modern color models for higher quality and more perceptual color adjustments. Add in more intuitive controls, and subtly fine-tune or dramatically change the hue, saturation, and lightness, for remarkably better results.
ACDSee 15 also includes the following enhancements:
- Improved red eye — Quickly eliminate red eye, with noticeably better results.
- Color management — Photos in a color space outside of sRGB are now color managed correctly.
ACDSee Online is also integrated in both products. Drop images straight from ACDSee Pro 6 or ACDSee 15 to a free personal space in the ACDSee Online cloud, for safe backup, storage and sharing via email, Facebook and Twitter. ACDSee Online also recently released the free iPhone and iPad app in the iTunes App store to manage and share digital assets on the go. For more information, go to www.acdseeonline.com.
Pricing & Availability
ACDSee Pro 6 is available beginning September 25, 2012 online at a suggested retail price of $99.99 (US). ACDSee 15 is also available September 25, 2012 online at a suggested retail price of $49.99 (US). Full system requirements, online tutorials and more information about both products can be found online as www.acdsee.com.
About ACD Systems
Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vanderkerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata).
The company’s products include ACDSee Pro 5, ACDSee 14, Canvas 14 and Cavnas 14 +GIS, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Today ACD holds six patents and millions of ACDSee products are in use throughout the world. In fact, ACDSee products are so popular in Asia that they are second only to Louis Vuitton in product piracy.