NEW YORK--()--Today American Express announced a series of offerings for American Express Cardmembers and all golf fans to enhance the 2012 Ryder Cup experience at Medinah Country Club outside of Chicago, including the enhanced PGA Learning Center presented by American Express, in partnership with The PGA of America.
“Not only will you see some great golf and competition on the course, but you will also be able to take home some tips from golf’s greatest teachers – PGA and LPGA Professionals.”
“American Express looks to provide our Cardmembers with access to memorable experiences across sports and entertainment. The Ryder Cup is a special event that we’re especially proud to be a part of,” said Alexander Chang, Vice President, Sports & Entertainment Marketing, American Express. “For those coming out to Medinah, we're providing engaging activities and helpful services for golfers and golf fans alike. This holistic offering exemplifies the type of service we strive to provide.”
Enhancing the Fan Experience at Medinah
Located in the Ryder Cup Plaza, the PGA Learning Center presented by American Express provides fans with a state-of-the-art, interactive space to learn more about the game of golf, improve their own technique and improve the viewing experience while on the course.
“The PGA Learning Center presented by American Express is a great place to stop by and receive complimentary lessons and participate in fitness and instructional clinics,” said PGA of America President Allen Wronowski. “Not only will you see some great golf and competition on the course, but you will also be able to take home some tips from golf’s greatest teachers – PGA and LPGA Professionals.”
Interactive elements of the 2012 Learning Center include:
- Golf Fitness Studio – For the first time at a PGA of America event, golf fans can learn key exercises and conditioning methods tailored to their swing during a fitness assessment from renowned trainer for the Pros, Sean Cochran. Participants can also elect to receive a tailored training program via email following the event.
- Complimentary Swing Analysis – Fans will have access to lessons by PGA Professionals in one of four hitting bays. Following the event, Cardmembers will receive an in-depth video swing analysis to revisit the tips received.
- Ryder Cup Museum – At the Learning Center, fans will also have the opportunity to see a one-of-a-kind Ryder Cup Museum exhibit, which features items, photos and videos from the collections of Billy Casper, Ben Crenshaw, Gene Littler, Neil Coles, the World Golf Hall of Fame and the PGA Museum of Golf dating back to 1927. Hours of the Exhibit coincide with the opening and closing of the gates of the Ryder Cup.
- World-Class Service at Ryder Cup – American Express Customer Care Professionals will also be onsite at the Ryder Cup to represent American Express and to deliver our special brand of Relationship Care® servicing to help our customers and all attendees. Service is the cornerstone of the American Express brand and having deeply knowledgeable Customer Care Professionals onsite to answer inquiries as part of an enhanced fan experience, is just another way we take care of our customers.
Livestreamed Action for Fans
American Express has partnered with NBC Sports as a sponsor of the Ryder Cup live stream on NBCSports.com which will feature a Twitter aggregator for all of the online chatter about the competition. Fans can also catch the livestream at RyderCup.com and join in on the conversation with #AmexRyderCup and #RyderCup.
Unparalleled Cardmember Access
- CourseCast Televisions – Cardmembers will have exclusive access to hand-held televisions delivering updated player information, live ESPN and NBC television coverage as well as unique views of the action from cameras feeds all over the golf course. Televisions will be available Friday through Sunday.
- American Express® Cardmember Club – Open to all Cardmembers, the American Express Cardmember Club is an ideal location to escape the elements and enjoy concessions available for purchase. Guests can also catch the live television broadcast and on-course play with a view of the 5th hole tee shot landing area.
- Exclusive Offers for Cardmembers – Cardmembers who sync their eligible American Express Card at Sync.AmericanExpress.com can unlock an exclusive offer to receive a one-time $10 statement credit when they use their synced American Express Card to make a single purchase of $30 or more on-site at Medinah Country Club or at RyderCup.com, including merchandise in the Golf Shop and any concessions stand on the course. (Offer details).
About American Express
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and help build business success. Learn more at americanexpress.com and connect with us on facebook.com/americanexpress, foursquare.com/americanexpress, linkedin.com/companies/american-express, twitter.com/americanexpress, and youtube.com/americanexpress.
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, The PGA of America elevates the public’s interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As The PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50418215&lang=en