DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4dpss/consumer_attitudes) has announced the addition of Canadean Ltd's new report "Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Australia" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Dynamics in Australia”
Purchases worth less than AUD1,000 made outside Australia are exempt from the GST. As a result, such purchases are considerably cheaper than local purchases and this has an adverse effect on traditional physical retailers. Major physical retailers such as Harvey Norman, Target and David Jones argue that this tax exemption is driving sales away from local retailers, leading to revenue losses. According to the National Retail Association of Australia (NAB), this could result in over 50,000 job losses within the retail industry, as retailers resort to implementing cost cutting measures. As a result, a number of local retailers have been lobbying the government to extend the GST on all foreign purchases or to lower the tax ceiling, in order to create a more level playing field for local and international retailers.
Consumer Attitudes and Online Retail Development in Australia is the result of Canadean's extensive market research covering the online retail industry in Australia. It provides the magnitude, growth, share, and dynamics of the online retail market in Australia. It is an essential tool for companies active across Australia's online retail value chain and for new companies considering entry into the Australian online retail market. It provides data for historic and forecast online retail sales, and also includes the business environment and country risk related to the Australian online retail environment.
Key Features and Benefits
- Understand the consumer behavior and online trends in Australia.
- Understand which products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years.
- Learn from best practice approaches outlined in the case studies of leading online retailers.
- Improve market and strategic planning using highly granular, forward-looking market data. Detailed category coverage is provided, covering 25 products across eight product groups that include: Apparel, Accessories, Luggage and Leather Goods, Books, News and Stationery, Electricals and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, and Sports and Leisure Equipment.
- Assess the impact of economic recession and recovery on market growth.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.3 Summary Methodology
2 Consumer Insight: Online Shopping Attitudes and Behaviours
2.1 Overview of the Australia Online Shopping Environment
2.2 Consumer Attitudes and Behavior
3 Online Channel Dynamics
3.1 The Online Channel's Share of Total Retail Sales
3.2 Channel Dynamics
3.3 Category Dynamics
4 Case Studies: Leading Online Retailers in Australia
4.1 Appliances Online: Appliances Online
4.2 Retailer 2: ABC Shop
4.3 Other Innovative Retailers in Australia
5.1 About Canadean
For more information, including full table of contents, please visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/x4dpss/consumer_attitudes
Source: Canadean Ltd