DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xcp72w/consumers_and_debi) has announced the addition of the "Consumers and Debit 2012: Cardholders Settle Down and Take Action" report to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
“Consumers and Debit 2012: Cardholders Settle Down and Take Action”
In the aftermath of the Durbin Amendment enactment, financial institutions are ironing out their plans to readjust their business to maintain profitability. Now consumers are finally taking heed of new changes to their accounts and modifying their banking behavior.
Consumers and Debit 2012: Cardholders Settle Down and Take Action, the latest report from Mercator Advisory Group, is the first in a series of eight consumer survey reports examining payment and banking use and evolving trends as consumers react to new fees enacted by financial institutions, re-evaluate their banking relationships and consider the use of alternative financial services.
The foundation of the series is data obtained during a national sample of 1,003 online consumer survey responses completed between June 8 and June 19, 2012.
Highlights of the report include:
- Consumer experiences and reaction to both fee and feature changes in their checking accounts
- Trends in current household payment types and use of debit cards versus cash and checks
- Use of common financial services at banks and credit unions versus discount retailers, convenience stores, supermarkets, and specialty outlets
- Primary payment types for small business owners
Key Topics Covered:
- The 2011-2012 Consumer Environment
- First Sign of Retraction in Debit Card Penetration, Though Volume Is Still Up
- Usage of Debit Cards Is Broadening
- The Account Opening Experience
- Consumers' Choice of Cash and Checks
- New Account Fees and Features
- Use of Alternative Financial Services
- Use of Money Transfer Services, in Particular
- Debit Card Use by Small Businesses
- Strategic Implications
- Appendix: Debit Module from Questionnaire
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/xcp72w/consumers_and_debi