DUBLIN--(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z2svd7/functional_genomic) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Functional Genomics in Aquaculture" to their offering.)--Research and Markets (
Genomics has revolutionized biological research over the course of the last two decades. Genome maps of key agricultural species have offered increased understanding of the structure, organization, and evolution of animal genomes. Building upon this foundation, researchers are now emphasizing research on genome function. Functional Genomics in Aquaculture looks at the advances in this field as they directly relate to key traits and species in aquaculture production.
Functional Genomics in Aquaculture opens with two chapters that provide a useful general introduction to the field of functional genomics. The second section of the book focuses on key production traits such as growth, development, reproduction, nutrition, and physiological response to stress and diseases. The final five chapters focus on a variety of key aquaculture species. Examples looking at our understanding of the functional genomes of salmonids, Mediterranean sea bass, Atlantic cod, catfish, shrimp, and molluscs, are included in the book.
Providing valuable insights and discoveries into the functional genomes of finfish and shellfish species, Functional Genomics in Aquaculture, will be an invaluable resource to researchers and professionals in aquaculture, genetics, and animal science.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Functional Genomics Research in Aquaculture: Principles and General Approaches
2. Genomic Resources for Functional Genomics in Aquaculture Species
3. Production, Growth, and Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I (IGF-I) Gene Expression as an Instantaneous Growth Indicator in Nile Tilapia Oreochromis Niloticus
4. Gene Expression Pattern during European Sea Bass Larvae Development: Impact of Dietary Vitamins
5. Transcriptomics of the Compensatory Growth in European Sea Bass Dicentrarchus labrax
6. Functional Genomic Analysis of the Nutritional and Hormonal Regulation of Fish Glucose and Lipid Metabolism
7. Genomic Responses to Stress Challenges in Fish
8. Functional Genomic Analysis of Sex Determination and Differentiation in Teleost Fish
9. Functional Genomics of Stress: Molecular Biomarkers for Evaluating Fish CNS Activity
10. The SoLute Carrier (SLC) Family Series in Teleost Fish
11. Next-Generation Sequencing and Functional Genomic Analysis in Rainbow Trout
12. Functional Genomics Research of Atlantic Cod Gadus morhua
13. Catfish Functional Genomics: Progress and Perspectives
14. Functional Genomics in Shrimp Disease Control
15. Applications of Functional Genomics in Molluscs Aquaculture
Zhanjiang (John) Liu.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/z2svd7/functional_genomic
Source: John Wiley and Sons Ltd