LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Unicomm, a leading event management company, and The Bob Dowling Group, in Association with Variety, today announced top speakers to the 2012 MultiScreen SummitTM, September 19-20, 2012 at the Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood.
The list of speakers announced today includes a line-up that represents top content creators, distributors, technology providers and brands. Headlining the event will be: Kevin Morrow, Vice President Strategic Partnerships, Samsung Media Solutions Center America (MSCA); Coleman Breland, COO of Turner Network Sales, Turner Broadcasting Systems; Tim Kring, Master Storyteller, Executive Producer, "Touch;" Brian Seth Hurst, CEO of Opportunity Management Company; Michael Pachter, Research Analyst, Wedbush Securities; Chris McGurk, CEO, Cinedigm and Jordan Levin, President, Alloy Digital and CEO, Generate.
Additional MultiScreen Summit speakers include:
- Alki David, CEO, FilmOn
- Brandon Stander, Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network
- Brian Shuster, Founder and CEO, ACTV8.me
- Bruce Goerlich, Chief Research Officer, Rentrak
- Chris Stephenson, President, Viggle
- Chris Tribbey, Senior Reporter, Home Media Magazine
- Chris Yewdall, CEO, DDD
- Dan Wittmers, Founder & CEO, Mobile Leaders Alliance
- David Lucatch, CEO, Ortsbo
- Dirk Shaw, SVP, Social Olgilvy
- Erik Moreno, SVP of Corporate Development, Fox Networks Group and Co-General Manager, Mobile Content Venture
- Gary Schwartz, MEF North American Chair/CEO, Impact, Content Chairperson MultiScreen Summit
- Greg Lewis, CEO & Co-Founder, FanCandy
- Gurbaksh Chahal, Founder and CEO, Radium One
- Guy Finley, Executive Director, 2nd Screen Society
- Heidi Liebenguth, Consulting Partner & Research Director, Crone Consulting, LLC
- James Stewart, Founder, Producer and Director, Geneva Film Company
- Jay Emmet, General Manager, Open Market
- Jeb Brillant, Founder, The Mobile Perspective
- Joe Laszlo, Deputy Director, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, Interactive Advertising Bureau
- Joe Olsen, President & CEO, Phenomblue
- Ken Venturi, Chief Creative Officer, EVP Media Interactive, NCM Media Networks
- Lisa Meier, SVP West, Time Warner Cable Media
- Marc Jenkins, Vice President, Digital Media, NASCAR
- Marcus Gillezeau, Producer, Storm Surfers 3D
- Marcus Liassides, Executive Vice President, MySpace
- Michele Martell, COO, SD Entertainment
- Richard Crone, CEO & Founder, Crone Consulting, LLC
- Thomas Engdahl, Founder, CEO & President, Magic Ruby
“We have selected a group of speakers who are living the shift to a multiscreen economy and can provide attendees with a complete view from every angle possible,” said Gary Schwartz, content chair, MultiScreen Summit. “This conference will truly put attendees ahead of the curve as we delve deep into granular topics executives are challenged with solving in a quickly moving world of multiple platforms and screens.”
As the business opportunity grows from multiple screens, so does the competition. The rules continue to change at a rapid pace, making business and financial models unstable. The MultiScreen Summit examines the battling marketplace between screens, devices, distributors and content creators, offering practical solutions to the media industry and to brands on how to engage with the connected, yet elusive consumer. A full listing of the schedule of sessions and events can be found at http://www.thescreensummit.com/.
The conference program will explore:
- Over The Top Content (OTT)
- Viewer experiences
- Monetization opportunities and strategy
- Performance measurement
- Marketing and advertising content across platforms
- Branded entertainment
- Distribution models and windows
- Industry focus groups on gaming, music, publishing, sports and retail
- Social engagement
Sponsors for the MultiScreen Summit® are Presenting Sponsors Samsung and Ortsbo; Official Sponsors Radium One and Rogers & Cowan; Sponsors Open Market, City National Bank and Jump! Creative; Brand Engagement Sponsor Adweek; Supporters Dyle, Magic Ruby and YouToo and Wi-Fi Sponsor Phenomblue.
The Media & Entertainment Services Alliance (MESA) also joins the list of industry and media partners which include Home Media Magazine, MEF, Mobile Leaders Alliance, the Mobile Perspective and Parks Associates.
For more information on MultiScreen Summit, visit www.thescreensummit.com or call 203-878-2577 x109 for information on registering or conference package options.
MultiScreen Summit®--As the business opportunity grows from enhanced consumer engagement with screens, so does the competition. The rules continue to change at a rapid pace, making business and financial models unstable. The MultiScreen Summit examines the competitive marketplace between screens, devices, distributors and content creators, offering practical solutions to the media industry and to brands on how to engage with the connected, yet elusive consumer.
3D Entertainment Summit® -- Now in its fifth year, the world’s leading business event on “everything 3D” is bigger and better than ever as it explores the 3D marketplace from all angles. With an expanded international focus and additional programming on broadcast, television and alternate content -- this will be the largest and most expansive event to date. The conference covers the biggest 3D drivers including: Theatrical; Creative; Sports; Games; International, Home Entertainment and Convergence. Event Date: September 20-21, 2012 at Hollywood & Highland Center, Hollywood, CA.
Unicomm LLC is an independent business-to-business communications company specializing in originating and managing world class trade shows and conferences in underserved and nascent markets. Founded in 1998 in Milford, CT, Unicomm enjoys an impressive track record of dozens of successful show launches and hundreds of event productions. Unicomm’s properties include the 3D Entertainment Summit™, the 3D Gaming Summit™ and the MultiScreen Summit™ all presented in association with Variety; the Travel & Adventure Show in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Dallas and Washington, D.C. For more information: www.unicomm.org.
The Bob Dowling Group -- For 17 years through 2007, Bob Dowling was editor-in-chief and publisher of The Hollywood Reporter and president of the VNU Business Media Film and Performing Arts Group. During Dowling's tenure, The Reporter launched numerous new products, including the HollywoodReporter.com Web site, e-mail edition, weekly edition, THR East, Literary Hollywood, Festival de Cannes dailies and the Oscar Screening Guide, as well as many annual events such as the Women in Entertainment Power 100 stand-alone issue and its related breakfast event, the Next Generation ranking of prominent young executives, the Film and TV Music Conference and the reorganized Key Art Awards. Dowling recently started his own information and consulting firm, the Bob Dowling Group, to serve clients looking to navigate the converging worlds of entertainment and technology.
Variety - Variety is the leading publication for business entertainment news, recognized and respected throughout the world of show business. The Variety Group – Daily Variety, Daily Variety Gotham, Weekly Variety and Variety.com – are all owned by Reed Business Information (RBI), the largest business publisher in the U.S. RBI is a member of the Reed Elsevier Group plc (NYSE: RUK) (NYSE: ENL).