DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/89c8t9/diversification_in) has announced the addition of the "Diversification in the Pharmaceutical Industry - Essential For Survival or an Unnecessary Distraction" report to their offering.
Pharmaceutical companies face the dual threats of industry specific difficulties driven by the innovation crisis, patent expiries and healthcare reform, coupled with the more generalized issues caused by the continuing global economic slowdown. The industry remains split on whether diversification or specialization is the key to building a successful business model in the face of these difficulties.
On one hand some companies believe that diversification is necessary to survive and thrive in the current difficult operating environment and that it offers specific advantages going forward.
On the other hand some companies believe that a narrow focus is necessary to optimize the prescription pharma business model and that diversification represents giving up.
Ultimately, it is the nature of the diversification that is the key. Strategic diversification within related industry sectors can be a highly successful strategy, benefiting the overall company through synergies between business units, cross fertilization driven innovation and cost-sharing.
The report, Diversification in the Pharmaceutical Industry, was written to support pharmaceutical companies with their short & long term strategic plans to grow their businesses while the industry experiences an extremely challenging global healthcare environment.
Key Reasons to Purchase
- Understand the opportunities that exist in the area of diversification to gain insights as to whether it is something you should be considering for your organization
- Assess which strategies best fit the needs within your organization and compare them against others in the industry
- Access case study analysis of the top pharmaceutical companies regarding the ways they have diversified and the challenges they have faced
- Using CBR's financial analysis surrounding the top pharmaceutical company's diversification strategies, make the best decisions possible to support your company's current & future planning
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Diversification and its role in the evolving pharmaceutical industry
- Diversification: a multifaceted strategy for difficult times
- Diversification within prescription pharma: exploring the options.
- Diversification within the wider healthcare industry
Chapter 2: Analysis of the leading pharma companies diversification strategies
- Assessment of diversification among big pharma
- Company case studies
Chapter 3: Financial comparison of diversified versus focused companies
- Comparing diversification across big pharma
- Diversification and its impact on profit margins
- R&D spend relative to diversification
- In-company divisional profitability analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/89c8t9/diversification_in