FOLSOM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Meridian Systems, a Trimble Company, announced today Prolog version 9.5, the latest upgrade to Prolog® construction project management software. Prolog 9.5 provides project teams with greater visibility into project performance with new cash-flow forecasting, workflow and BIM collaboration features.
Prolog software is a leading construction project management solution for builders, offering the most complete system of record for capturing and managing project information from the field to the back office. Prolog is for project managers accountable for construction costs, scope and schedules, and for project teams contributing to the successful delivery of projects.
“Today’s construction organizations are demanding process standards that drive more predictable project outcomes, and we continue to invest in technology enhancements that improve visibility, and better support industry practices such as Integrated Project Delivery and BIM,” said Jon Fingland, head of the AEC Business Unit at Meridian Systems. “Prolog 9.5 is a significant upgrade that helps our customers to more accurately control project costs and leverage BIM data for improved collaboration.”
New Prolog 9.5 Features
- Cash Flow Forecasting – Ensure cash is available over the course of a project’s implementation.
- Workflow – Streamline document routing and project approval processes by using new Workflow functionality.
- Web-based Mail Merge – Automatically create letters, contracts and other project documents using Word templates directly from within Prolog.
- BIM Collaboration Format (BCF) Viewer – Store, view and collaborate on BCF files from directly within Prolog, for better collaboration with other project stakeholders.
- Purchasing – Assemble bid packages, select prequalified bidders and send bid packages via email.
- Project Email Capture – Attach critical project data from emails directly into Prolog.
- Project File Capture – Store a multitude of project-related documents as part of Prolog.
Prolog 9.5 further illustrates Meridian’s commitment to continually improving its Prolog solution. Recently, Meridian released Prolog Mobile, a new offering that brings Prolog Project Management capabilities to the field. Natively built for mobile devices, Prolog Mobile allows field workers to access and capture critical Prolog project information from Apple iPad and Microsoft Windows mobile devices.
9.5 Webinar and Downloads
To provide a closer look at the new features in Prolog 9.5, Meridian will be hosting a Webinar, “What’s New in Prolog 9.5”, on July 25. Attendees can register for this Webinar by going to: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/331293576. The Prolog 9.5 release is available now and can be downloaded from Meridian’s SupportLink Website, along with a detailed overview document, “What’s New in Prolog 9.5”. Meridian customers with active support and maintenance agreements have access to upgrades free of charge.
About Meridian Systems
Meridian Systems, a Trimble Company (NASDAQ:TRMB), is the Plan-Build-Operate technology solutions leader for project-based organizations. Building owners, construction and engineering firms, and public agencies use Meridian software to effectively manage capital building and facility renovation programs. In 2011, Meridian secured the top spot among off-the-shelf project management software used by the construction industry1. Meridian also is a pioneer in combining plan-build-operate features on an open technology platform to provide infrastructure lifecycle management solutions for capital building owners. Download free Meridian research and case studies by going to: http://info.meridiansystems.com/
1 2011 IT Playbook, Constructech Magazine