DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g8n9m9/vaccines_market_ac) has announced the addition of the "Vaccines Market Access in India - New Vaccine Uptake Drives Growth" report to their offering.
This report analyzes the vaccine market in India, and provides recommendations for both local manufacturers operating in the space and Western players looking to enter into this lucrative market.
The government-sponsored Universal Immunization Program procures vaccines at very low prices, predominantly from local manufacturers. There also exists a large private market for vaccines which is dominated by multinational companies. The private market for newer and better vaccines is growing due to the increasing affordability of the middle class population.
- Review the current regulatory processes, pricing mechanisms, and vaccination schedule in India.
- Identify major multinational and domestic players, view their product portfolios and pipelines, and understand their expansion strategies.
- Examine the major drivers and resistors of the current Indian vaccine market and understand the key opportunities and threats facing developers.
- India is the world's largest producer of vaccines: 60% of the world's vaccines are manufactured in the country and it accounts for 60-80% of annual UN vaccine purchases. The Indian government spends more than INR20bn ($400m) every year to immunize children against several vaccine-preventable diseases.
- In India, there are two different immunization schedules: the National Immunization Schedule, published by the Indian government, and the "best individual practices schedule," published by the Indian Academy of Pediatrics. The latter includes additional vaccines and varies from the National Immunization Schedule.
- GlaxoSmithKline is the leading multinational company, while Serum Institute of India and Panacea Biotec outperform their domestic counterparts. Indian vaccine manufacturers also supply UN agencies and export vaccines to many countries. Western companies are forming strategic alliances or acquiring domestic companies to expand their market presence.
Reasons to Purchase
- What are the two different immunization schedules followed in India and what are the vaccines included in them?
- What is the regulatory process of vaccine development? What is the pricing and reimbursement process of vaccines in India?
- Which are the key domestic and multinational companies active in vaccine development?
- What deals and alliances are shaping the Indian vaccine market?
- Historic development
- Current market situation
- Regulatory process for vaccines
- Vaccination recommendations
- Vaccine pricing
- Vaccine reimbursement
- Vaccine distribution and access
- Vaccination coverage
KEY COMPANIES ACTIVE IN THE INDIAN VACCINES MARKET
- Key findings
- Industry overview
- Multinational vaccine companies in India
- Domestic vaccine companies
STRATEGIC RECOMMENDATIONS FOR MARKET ACCESS
- Key findings
- Key future target indications
- SWOT analysis of India as a target market for vaccines
- Drivers and resistors
- Best strategy for market penetration
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Sanofi Pasteur
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/g8n9m9/vaccines_market_ac